Nielsen Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied to this position online, was called in for an interview, and was hired. The whole process only took about 2 weeks or less. The interview went well and it was easy. The interviewers were very laid back and informal. Perhaps a little too informal. I met with several people during my interview and they asked me your standard, run-of-the-mill interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. After the initial conversation, had a second phone interview within a week with the hiring manager. The HR recruiter was lovely to speak with. The hiring manager would condescendingly laugh at answers throughout the interview. I was told I would either hear from HR or the recruiter, but have not heard anything (something that seems to be a common trend in hiring practices today).

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Email from recruiter to set up a phone interview two days after applying through Nielsen website. First phone interview was with recruiter, then a phone interview with hiring manager the following day. One week later was brought in for a face to face with hiring manager, their manager and a peer. Great experience, beautiful office and friendly people!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was called several weeks after sending my resume through LinkedIn. The HR screener was pretty cold and robotic. Basic questions that you would expect: experience, ambitions and salary expectations. I was then sent a link to an online aptitude test and never heard back again. I assume I didn't do very well. Still, some follow up would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. Tell me about your interests. Why do you want to work for Nielsen? What are you currently making?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and after that 7 people interviewed me. And 3 weeks later got the job offer. The people that interviewed were all knowledgeable and asked me random questions. It was an average interview. The application process and working with HR was seamless.

Interview Questions

• How to handle working with offshore; what to do when things are consistently late; Working with different teams.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair. I named a price and they gave it. There was not much haggling

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online; recieved an email 2 weeks later to set up an screening call with HR. After, completed an online test (personality/logic, similar to "games" portion of LSAT) and was contacted the next business day to schedule face-to-face interviews. Met 1 week later with 3 people in the office; 3 45-minute interviews, all with a different interveiw approach: 1) explain work style and approach; 2) answer how you would deal with sample client issues; 3) technical related - analysis of sample regression model and some simple problem solving from there. Offer extended the next business day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you missed a deadline, and how you resolved the issue. Sounds simple, but it was actually difficult for me to think of a time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is still onging.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Westport, CT).

Interview

First a phone interview as screening, second a test (math/problem solving, general work situations), finally in person interviews with about 5 people (mostly groups of 2).

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where a client/customer was not satisfied with your work   Answer Question

Negotiation

I merely accepted the offer they provided. Not any negotiation nor would there have been as most positions don't have a huge salary range unless you go higher in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Dunedin, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

At first, there is a Phone screening by a recruiter then a face to face with the hiring manager. In my case, I got a phone call and offer letter from the recruiter

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Great communication throughout the entire process. Two interviews, first round behavioral, second a case interview and behavioral. Everyone seemed genuinely excited about their job, and I liked everyone I met. There are lots of office locations and flexibility for remote working and travel.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was the hardest and most complex, but well orchestrated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online then got an email about a month later. I then went through 3 phone interviews but did not get the first position. About a week later I had another interview for a different position. I had a phone interview and a personality test