Nielsen Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shelton, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The recent interviews before a large layoff were quite a joke. It didn't feel at all like an interview. Just a conversation about the fact that they were about to combine some groups. The brand new manager didn't know me at all and didn't take any time to get to know me during the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Dunedin, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

At first, there is a Phone screening by a recruiter then a face to face with the hiring manager. In my case, I got a phone call and offer letter from the recruiter

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in June 2016.

Interview

Great interview process, 3 interviews, and 2 of them over skype. Quick recruitment and no waiting for months to hear some feedback. Nice and open people, easy to be comfortable with. Really excellent.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience, views on people management, views on work engagement   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

1 assessment centre, quite intense, numerous group exercises. We had lunch with current associates and got the chance to ask a lot of questions. Followed up with two 1h interviews with current managers. Everyone was very friendly and proffesional at the same time. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Casual competency based. Group assignment to demonstrate how well you collaborate with other people; super essential for this company.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. After the initial conversation, had a second phone interview within a week with the hiring manager. The HR recruiter was lovely to speak with. The hiring manager would condescendingly laugh at answers throughout the interview. I was told I would either hear from HR or the recruiter, but have not heard anything (something that seems to be a common trend in hiring practices today).

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied to this position online, was called in for an interview, and was hired. The whole process only took about 2 weeks or less. The interview went well and it was easy. The interviewers were very laid back and informal. Perhaps a little too informal. I met with several people during my interview and they asked me your standard, run-of-the-mill interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and after that 7 people interviewed me. And 3 weeks later got the job offer. The people that interviewed were all knowledgeable and asked me random questions. It was an average interview. The application process and working with HR was seamless.

Interview Questions

• How to handle working with offshore; what to do when things are consistently late; Working with different teams.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair. I named a price and they gave it. There was not much haggling

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Email from recruiter to set up a phone interview two days after applying through Nielsen website. First phone interview was with recruiter, then a phone interview with hiring manager the following day. One week later was brought in for a face to face with hiring manager, their manager and a peer. Great experience, beautiful office and friendly people!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was called several weeks after sending my resume through LinkedIn. The HR screener was pretty cold and robotic. Basic questions that you would expect: experience, ambitions and salary expectations. I was then sent a link to an online aptitude test and never heard back again. I assume I didn't do very well. Still, some follow up would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. Tell me about your interests. Why do you want to work for Nielsen? What are you currently making?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in March 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume and heard back within a week or two to set up the first of three interviews. The first interview was with the hiring manager (HM), the second was with one of his employees and the third was with the HM's boss. Each had different sets of questions with the HM's boss being a conversation about my past employers and any challenges, etc., to basically see if my personality was a good fit for the office. The HM's employee was the most technical in questions to see if I could actually do the job, whilst the HM was somewhere in between the two.

Be prepared for technical and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate client that calls you unexpectedly while your boss is unavailable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical HR back and forth.