Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

In person interview, a panel of 3 interviewers asked about research and statistical questions. Not very in depth question on statistics, they check your basic understanding of research designs, tools, approach and methodology

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty brutal. I spoke on the phone with someone from Nielsen's HR department. It was a little weird because I got absolutely no feedback on my answers, so it just kind of felt like I was rambling. After the phone interview, I had to take an online aptitude test. I wish that I had a better understanding of what the test would be when I started it. There were some logic questions and some personality questions. The test goes on for a while. The logic questions were difficult in the sense that I did not have enough time to work through them. I would definitely recommend having a pen and paper ready to go.

I took the online test 3 weeks ago, and I never heard back. I'm not just saying it was a bad overall experience because I didn't get an offer. It was legitimately rough.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill during a given Saturday in May?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with a written test that consisted of 10 questions purely Math-based, and two case studies which can be attempted with a basic knowledge of market research. Henceforth, there were two interview rounds that were purely technical. Strong statistics and econometric skills are required to answer all the questions. There were some questions based on logical reasoning as well. Overall, the process was tough but a good experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

Went to their office and was greeted by the receptionist, who told me to wait for a bit. Then I was led through the office into a room where I filled out a questionnaire. I was asked questions by two different people. I then was guided out. I didn't get the position, but primarily because I was originally told that this would be a qualitative research-type position when in fact it required more quantitative research and stat knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are right for this job?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2015.

Interview

2 round interview: the whole process makes you feel that Nielsen is a company with harmony. Interviewers were trying to help you performing yourself as best as you can and the questions are very professional and also challenge.

Interview Questions

• Why position ; leadership; case study: Ikea refreshment data collection   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2015.

Interview

Initially they have a written test which includes statistics and logical questions. If you clear that, post that they conduct telephonic interview purely based on statistics.
    Also, if you have the knowledge of R, it'll be beneficial for you.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

2 aptitude rounds on statistics, english and maths, then two rounds of telephonic interview of about 1 and a half hour, hr and technical round, followed by a technical aptitude round which was in the kolkata office. level is difficult.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2014.

Interview

They came to my school for an info session and told us about the application process if we were interested. Afterwards, there is a first round interview (30 mins-1hr) on campus and the second (and final) interview at one of their offices. (the whole morning, 3 interviews back to back)

Interview Questions

• Q. without looking at the ticket sales, how would you determine how many people are going through an airport on a certain date? (there is no right or wrong answer, they want to assess your thought process)   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process started with a test, followed by two interviews and a presentation. The first interview was with line manager, followed by another one with the HR. the presentation was on a topic related to the industry.

Interview Questions

• How are you most suited to Nielsen and what do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Nielsen came to my University's business school career fair for entry level positions. The interview process began with applying through the Nielsen HR portal, including an online personality and analytical test. I would advise to go online and practice a few free tests to get a feel on how to answer quickly, as there is a time limit for each question.

The interview was conducted by a current employee, not by HR. As a result, the interview did not flow very well as the interviewer had to get to all the questions on his list and write my answers down. The questions asked were normal behavioral interview questions with a one analytical reasoning question. The interviewer did ask questions that I did not expect, which made it more difficult than other interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out how many slices of pizza are eaten on your campus in one week?   Answer Question
    • What one experience has impacted your life the most?   Answer Question