Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took 2+ months, first, you have to clear a basic aptitude test, followed by technical interviews over google hangouts.
The questions are based on your CV and require a thorough statistical knowledge.

Topics like regressions, decision trees, and market segmentation are covered.

The process is slow that is one of the biggest drawbacks otherwise all good.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you analyse the results of a regression analysis.   Answer Question
  • What are dandelion plots? What are they used for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview request email from HR a little over a week later. Did an initial phone screen with HR to make sure I'm human and sane and literate. Was assigned an analytics project to turn in about a week later, along with a few in-person interviews, where I met with two people at a time. Heard back a week after that to schedule a second round of interviews, then a week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty standard, why you want the job, what you'll bring to the table, background, etc. A few asked about the assignment they gave, one person asked a pretty straightforward reasoning question a la the "golf balls in a bus" scenario.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my app online, a few days later an HR rep contacted me for a short phone call. It was a standard phone call - talked about my background, my interest in Nielsen (definitely an important question that you need to answer well). It went well enough that she sent me a case study, which was meant to be completed within a few days. I thought it was pretty simple, but then again, I never got feedback on it.

Next part was an in person interview, where I met with a VP and then two team members after. Two 30 minute interviews that weren't too difficult, pretty conversational with a mix of personality questions and more explaining my background and why I think I would be a good fit. After the second interview, I was introduced to more members from the team, which I thought was a good sign that I had performed fairly well.

Followed up after with thank you notes, then a week or so later sent an email asking if a decision had been made. No response, then sent one a few days ago and no response. Not really sure what they are looking for. I doubt I was the most qualified candidate, but I thought I did well enough to warrant a response following the interview. It's a nice building and obviously a really well known company, but I was disappointed to just be ignored post interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2017.

Interview

Need to give a presentation in English based on provided information.
    A helpful experience, make me understand the R&R.
    A relaxing conversation, not too difficult if you prepared well for your experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

In person interview, a panel of 3 interviewers asked about research and statistical questions. Not very in depth question on statistics, they check your basic understanding of research designs, tools, approach and methodology

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

easy. they asked a few simple questions and a basic aptitude test. The aptitude test was very easy - it only had a few math , logical reasoning and english proficiency questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty brutal. I spoke on the phone with someone from Nielsen's HR department. It was a little weird because I got absolutely no feedback on my answers, so it just kind of felt like I was rambling. After the phone interview, I had to take an online aptitude test. I wish that I had a better understanding of what the test would be when I started it. There were some logic questions and some personality questions. The test goes on for a while. The logic questions were difficult in the sense that I did not have enough time to work through them. I would definitely recommend having a pen and paper ready to go.

I took the online test 3 weeks ago, and I never heard back. I'm not just saying it was a bad overall experience because I didn't get an offer. It was legitimately rough.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill during a given Saturday in May?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in June 2013.

Interview

Four different interviews which includes: HHRR, Area Director, Direct Manager, and other Manager in the area. In the first interview with HHRR an analytical/logical and psychometric tests are preformed. The next one with the Area Director would be to get to know a little bit more of ypur technical skills (this might be done by phone or Skype). In the one with other managers they'll try to get to understand your ability for problem solving and creative thinking and the one with your manager will measure how much fit will you do with the team and possible clients

Interview Questions

• What will you take into consideration before openning a new drive-thru restaurant?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain the convept of correlation to a client who might not be aware of so much technical concepts?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Nielsen is a great company to start a career but there hiring process is extremely slow. They won't respond to you unless and until you again and again follow up through mails.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a case base interview. And then there was a quick interview with the HR. I never heard back, because they started re-org and the process didn't go through.