Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter. Very easy -- mainly just to make sure you are a competent individual to invite into the office.
In Person Interview with multiple members of the research team. Very time consuming process. Most people are very nice, but it entirely depends on who you are speaking with.
Mathematical test was okay. It is like basic, standardized high school math test. Don't take it too lightly -- review main algebraic concepts. All new hires need to pass at least 7 out of 10 questions.
Case study -- terrible. No feedback whatsoever. I think it was a good job, but who knows. I think it counts very little in the overall interview process.
n).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, with a written assessment

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2014.

Interview

They came to my school for an info session and told us about the application process if we were interested. Afterwards, there is a first round interview (30 mins-1hr) on campus and the second (and final) interview at one of their offices. (the whole morning, 3 interviews back to back)

Interview Questions

• Q. without looking at the ticket sales, how would you determine how many people are going through an airport on a certain date? (there is no right or wrong answer, they want to assess your thought process)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview, followed by online analytic assessment, followed by another behavioral interview. Pretty standard, no surprises. The online assessment includes math (GMAT-type) questions as well as logic (LSAT-type) questions and is timed. A couple of the behavioral interviews included case questions, but they were straightforward. Otherwise it was more a matter of feeling out if you think the company would be an appropriate fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, was asked for a phone interview to which I replied with available times and received no response. I followed up within the time frame in case the email was lost or something but still nothing. Very odd and unprofessional. It seems that if there were too many responses an email is an easy thing to send these days.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2013.

Interview

I was given 2 phone interviews and completed a research statistics project. The phone screen was very basic and asked about my intentions, motivations, and skills. After completing the project (48 hour turnaround) I was told that they will be looking for someone more senior. I was later approached for a more junior position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone screen I met with three different individuals on two separate visits, plus two phone interviews employees not based out of New York. Overall, the process took about a month from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• Use 4 adjectives to describe yourself in a work environment, three positive and one negative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online but also had an employee referral. Recruiter contacted me quickly by email. There was a phone interview, followed by an online skills and personality test, and then two rounds of three 45 minute interviews followed by a lunch with a current analyst.

The skills test questions were similar to LSAT questions. Qualitative logic type questions not quantitative or math skills questions.

The interview process took a very long time and the HR department seems somewhat disorganized.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of case study questions. Since I interviewed with 6 different people I got a wide variety of standard interview questions.

One interviewer gave me his pen and asked me to sell it to him.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

After application, it was 2-3 weeks before hearing back from the team lead (not HR, for which I was glad) about setting up a phone interview. We set one up and discussed my background, resume, education, and general interview stuff: how do you prefer to think, etc. At the conclusion, the interviewer said he would like to set up another phone interview with another member of the team, and I sent available times. The second interview was more focused on the company itself, and what the particular development team (the one I would be joining) did.

Another two or so weeks passed before I received a message from the team lead, saying I'd moved forward to the written analytical test. It was sent to me by email on a mutually discussed and agreed-upon date/time, and I completed it at home, scanned my on-paper answers into a PDF, and sent it back to him. In a few days, I was informed I'd moved to the in-person interview.

The in-person interview was three parts, and each involved interviews with members of the team (again, I was thankful for minimal HR intrusion). One interviewer was the team lead again, with a mix of analytical and "soft skills" questions. The second was more technical and mathematical, getting further into the statistical and calculus elements of the position. The third was mostly personality- and behavior-based in the questioning.

I was told I'd hear back within two weeks, and I did. The interview was a Friday; I heard back in 13 days precisely. Unfortunately, I was not selected, but it was a very nice process overall. I even inquired to the team lead if there was anything in particular that made the chosen candidate, and he was kind enough to tell me what made the difference.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a technical one involving the use of functionals. I can't remember the precise wording.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I submit an application online and was contacted by the recruiter. There were two phone conversations and then they assigned a case study to test my aptitude. The case study provided a data set and the instructions to turn it into a 15-slide presentation. After the case study, I was flown into the office for an in person interview where I met individually with three people on the team.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all very standard and, though the process was formal, it was conversational.   Answer Question