Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Referral. Phone Interview. Invited for assessment at local office. Didn't pass the assessment and was notified that I would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

Went to their office and was greeted by the receptionist, who told me to wait for a bit. Then I was led through the office into a room where I filled out a questionnaire. I was asked questions by two different people. I then was guided out. I didn't get the position, but primarily because I was originally told that this would be a qualitative research-type position when in fact it required more quantitative research and stat knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are right for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was on-campus with one Nielsen employee from NYC with a required analytical assessment. The assessment is consistent with the other example problems posted here and was very simple SAT-I-level stuff. I received a follow-up about one or two weeks later with a request to set up a an on-site interview a week or two after the call. The on-site interview comprised interviews with three people. After another week of downtime I received an invitation to come in again for another set of interviews (three, again).

The culture seems very laid back from my impression of the employees in the interview. They are very nice and genuinely enjoy what they do. I declined the second on-site interview because my impression from the long downtimes between interviews was that the company might be a little too bureaucratic for my desires, and I was growing wearisome of the interview process. Clearly they want the candidate to be a strong fit but I think two three-round onsites after the initial on-campus is a little too much for me personally.

Overall the people are very nice but the interview process is far too long. I was unimpressed since I was aiming for a January 2012 start date.

Interview Questions

• <firm> needs to increase sales. What kind of methods can they use to determine effectiveness of new product/promotion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

After submitting an application online I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later who scheduled a phone screen. After the initial 30 minute phone interview I was brought in the following week for a couple of one-on-one interviews and a math test that consisted of word problems. About a week later I was asked to complete a case study, but I had already accepted another offer so I was unable to continue with the recruiting process.

Nielsen seemed like an interesting place to work with many different types of research going on, and everyone I met with was very pleasant and easy to talk to. However, the recruiting process is excruciatingly slow.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging aspect of your last job?   Answer Question
    • What specific skills do you think you could bring to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Submitted Resume, called back for an on campus interview (~30-45 minutes long) and took a test (writing and calculations), then called back for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of an overview session followed by breakfast with a current employee, then three 45 minute interviews, and finally a group Q&A session. They later called back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The on campus interview was a fairly straightforward interview, except for when the interviewer pulled out a page of data, explained the background for it, and asked me to walk him through how I'd determine which of 5 items to pull from the shelf and which to put more support behind.

None of the individual on site interview questions were particularly difficult, but they covered a broad range of question types.

The first was a fairly standard interview with some behavioral questions (strengths and weaknesses, tell me about a time when you ___, tell me more about this item on your resume, why are you interested in this job, why do you think you'd be a good fit, etc.).

The second was primarily designed to assess how I think/analyze things (give an example of a good and bad ad campaign, what questionable assumptions does this ad make, how would you figure out how many dollar bills would fit in the Empire State building, if you have 2 baskets of black and red balls, how would you arrange those balls to have the greatest chance of someone picking a red ball at random, etc.)

The third seemed to be designed to assess which area of the company would be the best fit, whether my skills and interests are a good match for the company, and if it's in line with what I'm looking for in a job.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Soon after I submitted my resume, I was contacted for a phone interview. At this time, I was scheduled for an analytical assessment. I didn't think the assessment was that awful, but I did run out of time. There are a lot of business related math concepts requiring multiple steps. There were also 2 case studies. I think for a business, econ, or math background, this test would be a breeze. I found out a week after the assessment that I didn't meet the requirements. I guess it wasn't the job for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I only rated the process difficult because of the assessment. The hiring process is very structured, phone, assessment, goup interviews and a verdict. I took the asessment recently and it was much harder than expected. The test would have been much easier if I would have anticipated a difficult test however, I went into the test thinking it couldnt be too hard, wrong. Practice probability, breakeven points and profitability along with time management and reading comprehension. If you prepare well you should be ok. The recruiter opened up the phone interview by asking what I know about Nielsen. Seems like a great company to work for if given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Nielsen?   Answer Question
    • You are given a case study about a magazine article and asked to analyze the article and expand on the effectiveness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Westport, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

I heard about the position from a personal referral and applied through their website, so they emailed me back to set up a phone interview the next week. That went well so they called me in for an assessment of 10 math questions and 2 case studies in 90 minutes which was challenging, but as long as you move quickly you can complete. A day or two later they emailed me back to set up an in person interview, which consisted of 3 40 minute interviews and a lunch with a senior analyst. The interviews were part behavioral part analytical: some questions easier than others. The office seemed very relaxed and dress was business casual at best, friendly people and nice location.

Interview Questions

• They give u a magazine advertisement and you have to list positives and negatives of it.   Answer Question
    • Which do you choose: a cereal with very attractive packaging that users find okay or a cereal with ordinary, not-catchy packaging that users love.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Standard interview questions, then a question about how you would advise a client on how to bring a new prodcut to market, being specific

Interview Questions

• What would you advise a client who is launching a new product to do?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Nielsen is a great company to start a career but there hiring process is extremely slow. They won't respond to you unless and until you again and again follow up through mails.