Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

3.1

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my app online, a few days later an HR rep contacted me for a short phone call. It was a standard phone call - talked about my background, my interest in Nielsen (definitely an important question that you need to answer well). It went well enough that she sent me a case study, which was meant to be completed within a few days. I thought it was pretty simple, but then again, I never got feedback on it.

Next part was an in person interview, where I met with a VP and then two team members after. Two 30 minute interviews that weren't too difficult, pretty conversational with a mix of personality questions and more explaining my background and why I think I would be a good fit. After the second interview, I was introduced to more members from the team, which I thought was a good sign that I had performed fairly well.

Followed up after with thank you notes, then a week or so later sent an email asking if a decision had been made. No response, then sent one a few days ago and no response. Not really sure what they are looking for. I doubt I was the most qualified candidate, but I thought I did well enough to warrant a response following the interview. It's a nice building and obviously a really well known company, but I was disappointed to just be ignored post interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2017.

Interview

Need to give a presentation in English based on provided information.
    A helpful experience, make me understand the R&R.
    A relaxing conversation, not too difficult if you prepared well for your experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

easy. they asked a few simple questions and a basic aptitude test. The aptitude test was very easy - it only had a few math , logical reasoning and english proficiency questions

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in June 2013.

Interview

Four different interviews which includes: HHRR, Area Director, Direct Manager, and other Manager in the area. In the first interview with HHRR an analytical/logical and psychometric tests are preformed. The next one with the Area Director would be to get to know a little bit more of ypur technical skills (this might be done by phone or Skype). In the one with other managers they'll try to get to understand your ability for problem solving and creative thinking and the one with your manager will measure how much fit will you do with the team and possible clients

Interview Questions

• What will you take into consideration before openning a new drive-thru restaurant?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain the convept of correlation to a client who might not be aware of so much technical concepts?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Nielsen is a great company to start a career but there hiring process is extremely slow. They won't respond to you unless and until you again and again follow up through mails.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a case base interview. And then there was a quick interview with the HR. I never heard back, because they started re-org and the process didn't go through.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hamburg (Germany)) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call, with an HR manager and a person of that department. Very friendly. I found the application a bit vague on their website so we spent some time understanding what the job position would be and how the screening process will be

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 rounds in total. First two assessment consisted of 2 parts: numerical and personality.It was easy as they give you practice test you can't take several times. Then it's a video interview about your skills and background and then final assessment in the office and 1:1 interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen
      Why this position
      Components of market research   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of aWritten test which had aptitude and stats based questions followed by 2 rounds of interviews. Both technical. Process took around 3 weeks. The experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Case studies, Basic Statistics, About yourself, Why Nielsen   Answer Question

Job location Baroda. Was not comfortable to relocate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple phone interview to get your background first. Questions are not too hard, it's an easy conversation. Only took about 10 or 15 minutes. Then they get back to you if you pass.