Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a case base interview. And then there was a quick interview with the HR. I never heard back, because they started re-org and the process didn't go through.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hamburg (Germany)) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call, with an HR manager and a person of that department. Very friendly. I found the application a bit vague on their website so we spent some time understanding what the job position would be and how the screening process will be

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 rounds in total. First two assessment consisted of 2 parts: numerical and personality.It was easy as they give you practice test you can't take several times. Then it's a video interview about your skills and background and then final assessment in the office and 1:1 interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen
      Why this position
      Components of market research
      Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of aWritten test which had aptitude and stats based questions followed by 2 rounds of interviews. Both technical. Process took around 3 weeks. The experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Case studies, Basic Statistics, About yourself, Why Nielsen   Answer Question

Job location Baroda. Was not comfortable to relocate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple phone interview to get your background first. Questions are not too hard, it's an easy conversation. Only took about 10 or 15 minutes. Then they get back to you if you pass.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

first there was a arc analyst test then later 2 rounds of interviews one hr and one technical the hr round was easy with a logic based question and the second round was a technical round. you need to get your basics right to pass through this round

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in March 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Despite the 40 hours I put in prepping, the qualifications I possess in having professional sales experience and working within a corporate company processing data, my degree in marketing and my understanding of the company, I wasn't even contacted for a 2nd round interview. Makes you wonder what they are really looking for in their applicants. Despite the qualifications you may possess, something tells me they look at the subtle differences. Nowadays it's not about smarts, or if you can do the job, it is about how well you understand their leadership programs or how neat your handwriting is--meticulous little things that don't apply to the job but hey it's enough of a difference for them to say "ehhh no thanks"

Good luck to anyone who applies here. It's an interesting company, but I can only wonder where they are headed when I hear about the character of persons they do bring in, and the character of persons who they do not bring in.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The first stage comprised of an aptitude test and a casual interview with HR. In the second stage I was interviewed by two managers which was the most challenging part because of the nature of the questions they asked. The third stage was a Skype interview with two more managers, they also asked some difficult questions but it was more chilled, and they seemed to be trying to get to know my personality most of the time. The interview process was challenging but if you are familiar with general marketing facts and you have stamina to answer some brainteaser questions, you'll be fine. Also with the brainteasers, they are usually trying to see your thought process so there is no right or wrong answer most of the time.

Interview Questions

• The marketing team of a company had predicted the ice cream sales to increase within a period of time in the year. Instead, the company observed a decline in the sales. Why do you think this might have happened?   1 Answer

I declined due to personal reasons, nothing to do with the company itself.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Lahore (Pakistan)) in October 2012.

Interview

Starts off with a test on math and some marketing questions. an interview with the HR . Then I was to present to the manager any study where I had done some data mining. The last stage is to have an interview with the Head of the department. The final interview was on the phone and was hard since my entire resume was questioned.

Interview Questions

• random questions with the HR regarding how many golf balls will fit in this room to 25 multiplies by 40. The department head asks resume based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for position. Got email asking for phone interview a couple weeks later. After phone interview with HR recruiter, I was asked for another phone interview, this time with a manager. After the manager phone interview, I was contacted a few days later to schedule a time for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three 1-on-1 interviews (two with managers and one with VP of dept.). After the interviews, I was given a 90 minute analytical assessment that had a lot of logic/probability questions. Basically given to see how you approach different problems.