Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 rounds in total. First two assessment consisted of 2 parts: numerical and personality.It was easy as they give you practice test you can't take several times. Then it's a video interview about your skills and background and then final assessment in the office and 1:1 interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen
    Why this position
    Components of market research
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of aWritten test which had aptitude and stats based questions followed by 2 rounds of interviews. Both technical. Process took around 3 weeks. The experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Case studies, Basic Statistics, About yourself, Why Nielsen   Answer Question

Job location Baroda. Was not comfortable to relocate.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with a written test that consisted of 10 questions purely Math-based, and two case studies which can be attempted with a basic knowledge of market research. Henceforth, there were two interview rounds that were purely technical. Strong statistics and econometric skills are required to answer all the questions. There were some questions based on logical reasoning as well. Overall, the process was tough but a good experience overall.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

first there was a arc analyst test then later 2 rounds of interviews one hr and one technical the hr round was easy with a logic based question and the second round was a technical round. you need to get your basics right to pass through this round

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The first stage comprised of an aptitude test and a casual interview with HR. In the second stage I was interviewed by two managers which was the most challenging part because of the nature of the questions they asked. The third stage was a Skype interview with two more managers, they also asked some difficult questions but it was more chilled, and they seemed to be trying to get to know my personality most of the time. The interview process was challenging but if you are familiar with general marketing facts and you have stamina to answer some brainteaser questions, you'll be fine. Also with the brainteasers, they are usually trying to see your thought process so there is no right or wrong answer most of the time.

Interview Questions

• The marketing team of a company had predicted the ice cream sales to increase within a period of time in the year. Instead, the company observed a decline in the sales. Why do you think this might have happened?   1 Answer

I declined due to personal reasons, nothing to do with the company itself.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2015.

Interview

2 round interview: the whole process makes you feel that Nielsen is a company with harmony. Interviewers were trying to help you performing yourself as best as you can and the questions are very professional and also challenge.

Interview Questions

• Why position ; leadership; case study: Ikea refreshment data collection   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

2 aptitude rounds on statistics, english and maths, then two rounds of telephonic interview of about 1 and a half hour, hr and technical round, followed by a technical aptitude round which was in the kolkata office. level is difficult.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Fist interview was by HR with get to know you questions. Then hiring manager. More of get to know you questions with some technical questions also thrown in the mix

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2015.

Interview

Initially they have a written test which includes statistics and logical questions. If you clear that, post that they conduct telephonic interview purely based on statistics.
    Also, if you have the knowledge of R, it'll be beneficial for you.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It took 4 months to schedule an interview after written test. As I was located away, had 2 rounds of telephonic calls once with Hiring Manager and another with Director

Interview Questions

• 1st Interview round you are given a graph, a table and asked to analyse looking at the numbers what would be the right decision. They are interested in knowing your thought process. Lot of logic related and what if questions. Your answers will be scrutinized.
      2nd interview with Director was purely number based. Probability, Percentage and allied Mathematics tools. Please sit with a calculator. The questions will be tweaked once you come to conclusion. So be clear.
      1 Answer
    • potatoes are put to dry on Day 1, they have 99% water content. On day too they loose water content and now it's 98% of the mass. How much has the weight reduced?   2 Answers