Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

3.1

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Westport, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

I heard about the position from a personal referral and applied through their website, so they emailed me back to set up a phone interview the next week. That went well so they called me in for an assessment of 10 math questions and 2 case studies in 90 minutes which was challenging, but as long as you move quickly you can complete. A day or two later they emailed me back to set up an in person interview, which consisted of 3 40 minute interviews and a lunch with a senior analyst. The interviews were part behavioral part analytical: some questions easier than others. The office seemed very relaxed and dress was business casual at best, friendly people and nice location.

Interview Questions

• They give u a magazine advertisement and you have to list positives and negatives of it.   Answer Question
  • Which do you choose: a cereal with very attractive packaging that users find okay or a cereal with ordinary, not-catchy packaging that users love.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Standard interview questions, then a question about how you would advise a client on how to bring a new prodcut to market, being specific

Interview Questions

• What would you advise a client who is launching a new product to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed with many companies over the past several months and Nielsen by far is the most unprofessional company that I have come across ever. The HR will call you, take your details and schedule an interview and suddenly on the day of the interview just an hour before they will tell you the interview is to be re-scheduled.
    They scheduled interview 6 times and then postponed it.

The worst part is that when I asked the hiring manager for an update, the reply is stop spamming me.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions:
      - Previous work experience
      - Questions relating to regression and co-relation.
      - Know the bullets on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took 2+ months, first, you have to clear a basic aptitude test, followed by technical interviews over google hangouts.
    The questions are based on your CV and require a thorough statistical knowledge.

Topics like regressions, decision trees, and market segmentation are covered.

The process is slow that is one of the biggest drawbacks otherwise all good.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you analyse the results of a regression analysis.   Answer Question
    • What are dandelion plots? What are they used for?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2017.

Interview

Need to give a presentation in English based on provided information.
    A helpful experience, make me understand the R&R.
    A relaxing conversation, not too difficult if you prepared well for your experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Nielsen is a great company to start a career but there hiring process is extremely slow. They won't respond to you unless and until you again and again follow up through mails.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 rounds in total. First two assessment consisted of 2 parts: numerical and personality.It was easy as they give you practice test you can't take several times. Then it's a video interview about your skills and background and then final assessment in the office and 1:1 interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen
      Why this position
      Components of market research   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of aWritten test which had aptitude and stats based questions followed by 2 rounds of interviews. Both technical. Process took around 3 weeks. The experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Case studies, Basic Statistics, About yourself, Why Nielsen   Answer Question

Job location Baroda. Was not comfortable to relocate.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with a written test that consisted of 10 questions purely Math-based, and two case studies which can be attempted with a basic knowledge of market research. Henceforth, there were two interview rounds that were purely technical. Strong statistics and econometric skills are required to answer all the questions. There were some questions based on logical reasoning as well. Overall, the process was tough but a good experience overall.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

first there was a arc analyst test then later 2 rounds of interviews one hr and one technical the hr round was easy with a logic based question and the second round was a technical round. you need to get your basics right to pass through this round