Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.1

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

first there was a arc analyst test then later 2 rounds of interviews one hr and one technical the hr round was easy with a logic based question and the second round was a technical round. you need to get your basics right to pass through this round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in March 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Despite the 40 hours I put in prepping, the qualifications I possess in having professional sales experience and working within a corporate company processing data, my degree in marketing and my understanding of the company, I wasn't even contacted for a 2nd round interview. Makes you wonder what they are really looking for in their applicants. Despite the qualifications you may possess, something tells me they look at the subtle differences. Nowadays it's not about smarts, or if you can do the job, it is about how well you understand their leadership programs or how neat your handwriting is--meticulous little things that don't apply to the job but hey it's enough of a difference for them to say "ehhh no thanks"

Good luck to anyone who applies here. It's an interesting company, but I can only wonder where they are headed when I hear about the character of persons they do bring in, and the character of persons who they do not bring in.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The first stage comprised of an aptitude test and a casual interview with HR. In the second stage I was interviewed by two managers which was the most challenging part because of the nature of the questions they asked. The third stage was a Skype interview with two more managers, they also asked some difficult questions but it was more chilled, and they seemed to be trying to get to know my personality most of the time. The interview process was challenging but if you are familiar with general marketing facts and you have stamina to answer some brainteaser questions, you'll be fine. Also with the brainteasers, they are usually trying to see your thought process so there is no right or wrong answer most of the time.

Interview Questions

• The marketing team of a company had predicted the ice cream sales to increase within a period of time in the year. Instead, the company observed a decline in the sales. Why do you think this might have happened?   1 Answer

I declined due to personal reasons, nothing to do with the company itself.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Lahore (Pakistan)) in October 2012.

Interview

Starts off with a test on math and some marketing questions. an interview with the HR . Then I was to present to the manager any study where I had done some data mining. The last stage is to have an interview with the Head of the department. The final interview was on the phone and was hard since my entire resume was questioned.

Interview Questions

• random questions with the HR regarding how many golf balls will fit in this room to 25 multiplies by 40. The department head asks resume based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for position. Got email asking for phone interview a couple weeks later. After phone interview with HR recruiter, I was asked for another phone interview, this time with a manager. After the manager phone interview, I was contacted a few days later to schedule a time for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three 1-on-1 interviews (two with managers and one with VP of dept.). After the interviews, I was given a 90 minute analytical assessment that had a lot of logic/probability questions. Basically given to see how you approach different problems.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone screen I met with three different individuals on two separate visits, plus two phone interviews employees not based out of New York. Overall, the process took about a month from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• Use 4 adjectives to describe yourself in a work environment, three positive and one negative.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2013.

Interview

I was given 2 phone interviews and completed a research statistics project. The phone screen was very basic and asked about my intentions, motivations, and skills. After completing the project (48 hour turnaround) I was told that they will be looking for someone more senior. I was later approached for a more junior position.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview, followed by online analytic assessment, followed by another behavioral interview. Pretty standard, no surprises. The online assessment includes math (GMAT-type) questions as well as logic (LSAT-type) questions and is timed. A couple of the behavioral interviews included case questions, but they were straightforward. Otherwise it was more a matter of feeling out if you think the company would be an appropriate fit.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process consists of an aptitude test, followed by 4 rounds of interview.
    Aptitude test - Medium difficult.
    10 qts on quant (No options given)
    2 case studies
    Questions on grammar correction.

If shortlisted then you will called for HR interview. basic qts are asked related to your cv, work ex, summer internship and basic marketing concepts.

it is then followed by 2 technical rounds of interview.
    For the first round, most of the questions are practical. e.g. - if you are a brand manager of this product, then what will you do under a given situation.
    A mathematical puzzle was given to me.
    If you dont know the answers, admit it.

Second round of technical interview: Most of the questions were based on marketing concepts and related to your summer internship project.

Interview by VP: easiest of them all. General questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in next 5 years   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process comprised of aptitude test and PI. Before the aptitude test detailed presentation about the company and the role offered were given, the company people were open to all kind of questions. The aptitude test comprised of Quant, two short cases (one on interpretation of a sample research finding and other about suggestions on a new product launch) and verbal (mainly error correction).
    Based on the aptitude marks candidates were shortlisted for PI. Quant has the maximum weightage.
    The PI had three rounds comprising of technical(about research, some situations were also given) and HR questions (all sort of questions about you and few questions about the company and profile offered).
    Selection was done after a short interaction with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Convince Apple Inc. to opt for market research as a client of Nielsen.
      Name of CEO of Nielsen India.   Answer Question