Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2013.

Interview

I was given 2 phone interviews and completed a research statistics project. The phone screen was very basic and asked about my intentions, motivations, and skills. After completing the project (48 hour turnaround) I was told that they will be looking for someone more senior. I was later approached for a more junior position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview, followed by online analytic assessment, followed by another behavioral interview. Pretty standard, no surprises. The online assessment includes math (GMAT-type) questions as well as logic (LSAT-type) questions and is timed. A couple of the behavioral interviews included case questions, but they were straightforward. Otherwise it was more a matter of feeling out if you think the company would be an appropriate fit.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process consists of an aptitude test, followed by 4 rounds of interview.
    Aptitude test - Medium difficult.
    10 qts on quant (No options given)
    2 case studies
    Questions on grammar correction.

If shortlisted then you will called for HR interview. basic qts are asked related to your cv, work ex, summer internship and basic marketing concepts.

it is then followed by 2 technical rounds of interview.
    For the first round, most of the questions are practical. e.g. - if you are a brand manager of this product, then what will you do under a given situation.
    A mathematical puzzle was given to me.
    If you dont know the answers, admit it.

Second round of technical interview: Most of the questions were based on marketing concepts and related to your summer internship project.

Interview by VP: easiest of them all. General questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in next 5 years   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process comprised of aptitude test and PI. Before the aptitude test detailed presentation about the company and the role offered were given, the company people were open to all kind of questions. The aptitude test comprised of Quant, two short cases (one on interpretation of a sample research finding and other about suggestions on a new product launch) and verbal (mainly error correction).
    Based on the aptitude marks candidates were shortlisted for PI. Quant has the maximum weightage.
    The PI had three rounds comprising of technical(about research, some situations were also given) and HR questions (all sort of questions about you and few questions about the company and profile offered).
    Selection was done after a short interaction with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Convince Apple Inc. to opt for market research as a client of Nielsen.
      Name of CEO of Nielsen India.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR rep about a month after submitting my application online. Had a phone interview in the following days, which was easy and nothing out of the ordinary, although be prepared for "give an example of a time you had to explain a complex topic in simple terms". After that, there was an online assessment, which consisted of both personality questions, as well as a series of logic questions (the kind where you are given some info and have to put events in the correct order). You get 3 minutes per logic question. I was then contacted the following week for an on-site interview and exam. The exam is 1 hour, 10 questions (with sub parts) and not challenging if you've read the posts on here and prepared for the topics. Then there were three 45-minute interviews. The questions really depend on the interviewer. My first one was very heavy on the analytical questions, e.g. you have 15 minutes and a ruler, how do you measure how many blades of grass are on a football field. The other 2 were more behavioral, with a few marketing/analytical questions, e.g. there's a store with whole, 2%, 1%, skim, and chocolate milk, the owner wants to add soy milk, which milk to you take out and why (just be able to justify your response, there's no right answer). Then there's lunch with a current analyst, which is casual and just a fun time to talk about the role and the company! I don't think this happens often, but I then had another quick phone interview, and at the end I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How much milk is sold in the US every year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, I was happy with the offer and excited to work for the company!

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2014.

Interview

very impressed at the way things work in Nielsen company, contacted immediately after the test for the results. very quick, clear and crisp. only one thing I did not understand is why dont they allow to sit for all the tests? i am sure many of you'l will agree with me...........having studied 5 years of statsistics you wont be judged on it and wont be allowed to give test unless you clear Maths and English, that too with 70%.
    goodluck to all trying for this company
    it isnt everybody's cup of tea, but one should always give it a try.

Interview Questions

• nothing is difficult if you study hard core for aptitude tests, but after achieving your masters degree in a particular subject one often sidelines aptitude, so only advice is go for it the harder way!!!.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, with a written assessment

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Interview

4 rounds.
    1. written test
    2. group discussion & presentation
    3. panel interviews (HR, case studies, background check)
    4. presentation to the head of the team

Interview Questions

• not very difficult in general, require some understanding about the market research industry and good analytical mind is very crucial.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online but also had an employee referral. Recruiter contacted me quickly by email. There was a phone interview, followed by an online skills and personality test, and then two rounds of three 45 minute interviews followed by a lunch with a current analyst.

The skills test questions were similar to LSAT questions. Qualitative logic type questions not quantitative or math skills questions.

The interview process took a very long time and the HR department seems somewhat disorganized.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of case study questions. Since I interviewed with 6 different people I got a wide variety of standard interview questions.

One interviewer gave me his pen and asked me to sell it to him.
      Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

A written test followed by three rounds of interviews. First was technical and over the phone. Second was face to face and technical. Third was general discussion and over the phone.

TEch rounds were based on the CV. General discussion was with the ofshore manager and more in terms of interests and what to expect at the job

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years time   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you negotiate then they may notch up the salary a bit, but then hit you in other ways, like they may reduce the bonus part.