Nielsen Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Really great. I applied through my campus portal and found out I got an interview a few days later. They were all really nice and I really enjoyed the process. The interview was very relaxed and they asked questions that allowed you to really talk about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were really far into a process and then had to change your direction.   Answer Question

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Berkeley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant and smooth. Recruiter was slightly late, but he apologized right away. He was very encouraging and engaged. Seemed very happy to answer all my questions. It was overall not an intimidating process at all and the recruiter played a big part in that.

Global Neurophysiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me by email after 3 weeks. I was redirected to an online scheduling system and have chose one of the available timeslots. After doing that, the recruiter declined the option because of unavailability so I had to choose another one. I thought that was weird because I did choose what was on the list.

During the interview I've decided to continue moving forward because I realized it was a entry level position and it was not what I was looking for.

Neurophysiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Extremely smooth, efficient and processional. First applied online and was contacted in the next few days to schedule a phone interview. Following the phone interview I had an in person interview and was offered the position within the next week.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screener, phone interview with manager, in-person interviews (with five people over two hours), another phone interview with a remote employee... then virtual radio silence.

Despite saying they were on an aggressive schedule to hire, my requests for updates (3 wks and 6 wks after interviewing) were deflected and no revised timeline was offered. I asked if there were any additional questions or if I should submit work samples to help their evaluation, and they didn't even acknowledge it. It was like I was being ghosted -- which might have sat better with me if I'd only gone through the first round or two, but was weird after step four. Finally, six weeks after the in-person, I received a form-letter rejection; they did not respond to a request for feedback on my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What are some metrics that are more appropriate for use in a syndicated product than one ordered by a particular client?   Answer Question

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds interview. the first round was mathematics, written test on product recommendation, and presentation. The second round was all about case interview. The case was to design a research and make recommendation on the new product that is going to be launched. The slide given was all about the target group and there demographics and lifestyle.

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to an info session on campus, submitted my application, and was asked in for an interview with 3 Nielsen employees. All of them we're very friendly and and we went on tangents talking as a group. It was a good experience but I was not offered the next round (which was a long online survey/ Q and A).

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Screening interview, in person interview with assessment and math skills, interview with hiring manager. In the screening interview they asked me to describe the work I've done? .... I gave lots of examples of research projects relevant to the position and with a variety of methodologies. We also discussed comfort with technology and media. Nielsen has slightly reorganized their internal teams to better accommodate the multi-screen interactive world that we now live in. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. Describe your comfort level working with clients and developing proposals and surveys... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work you've done? .... Give examples of work. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. ... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.   1 Answer

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through university recruiting and it was one 45 minute behavioral interview with a few "client situation" interviews that were kind of like mini case questions. Overall very casual and easy going, they definitely are looking for candidates with the right fit in round one. Be yourself and have behavioral examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you presented complex information. Tell me about your previous experiences. A potential client wants to spend more money on advertising revenue but data shows that extra spend on ads doesn't improve sales, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

There was an SAT like test. First round was with one person. Second round was a full day at the office with three people from various parts of the organization. There was a "peer" interview that occurred during lunch. The majority of it was behavioral based. It felt like they were looking for people to fit into their company culture. If you passed the test, it was assumed you had the skills to do the job.