Nielsen Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I had 4 interviews total over a 3 month period. First was with a phone interview with a Nielsen recruiter. I has to take an online timed assessment and pass to continue on. The assessment contained questions about my personality and problem solving skills/abilities. Second was a phone interview with a manager two weeks after the first. Third was an in person interview with the manager from the second phone interview and another manager. It was about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. The fourth and final interview was a month after the third. I met with the director of the Center of Excellence.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Why should we consider you for the job?   Answer Question
    • We would like to add a new type of milk at a grocery store. There is only enough shelf space for 3 types. The new milk is chocolate. The current offerings are nonfat, 1% and 2% milk. Of the 3 current offerings which would you select to be removed and replaced by the chocolate?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to Nielsen? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question
    • A country has six seaports, E, F, G, H, I and J, where ships only run from:
      J to I
      J to G
      I to H

If G port is closed, which of the following trips is impossible?   2 Answers
    • Six people, A, B, C, D, E, and F are ranked by tenure with the company; the person with the most tenure is ranked highest.

A is ranked above B.
      E is ranked above both C and D.

The ranking from highest to lowest reads: F, ?, C, A, ?, ?, where the question marks stand for B, D and E in some ordering?

Referring to the above information, which placement listed below is possible?   2 Answers

Membership Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person interview with the Manager. The interview was in Schaumburg at Nielsen. We talked for more than an hour about my previous experience and what they needed for the position. He was easy to talk to.
    They basically need to know if you are comfortable knocking at doors and working at the times families are at home (4p.m and ahead and weekends).

Interview Questions

• Have you heard about Nielsen before?
      What are the three applications you use more in your phone? (interesting question...)   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Nielsen staff was friendly and accommodating throughout scheduling process. The facility was even more than I expected, absolutely stunning. Q&A time was extremely short compared to similar companies in the area, but I didn't mind skipping the small talk. With Nielsen being a media company, I expected nothing less than what was delivered. Highly motivated and energetic group of individuals with a passion to succeed.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward discussions. Met with a number of folks from the local team and discussed my background and career aspirations. Really nothing out of normal here. In addition Nielsen asks you to feel out a test ... let's just call it a logic and math skills test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career path to date?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was sent by head hunter. First round of interviews with four people from group, second round with four more, this time including hiring manager and senior vice president. The first round was a technical evaluation, second round was decision to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

all handled by recruiter, went very smoothly

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then we set up an initial phone interview/screening, which consisted of your basic behavioral questions. I was also asked to take an online assessment, which was your basic Stats/programming concepts. Then i got a call for a Face to face interview with two people. The face to face interview was onsite for about an hour. They just went through my resume and asked questions on my past experience, so nothing too unusual. Overall, a pretty standard interview experience. I was offered a position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of people watching basketball at this time.   Answer Question

Manager Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was overview with HR and Resume review. Second round was logic/behavioral test online. Third round was hiring manager for 45 mins and then another round with some senior team member for one hour over phone. Final interview was onsite with senior team members. Overall very good experience. HR is very responsive to emails and keeps you updated throughout the process. Was offered a position one week after the onsite interview. Happy with what they offered. Seems the company culture is flexible.

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Had first round interviews on campus. Invited back for a second round interview. The second round is in Schaumburg, IL. It is a two day invitational. Had 7 interviews with senior finance leaders and human resources. Then they have you perform a group case study in which you present for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about introducing a new product and testing the product using Nielsen's systems?   1 Answer

Associate Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview first with the recruiter which is the basic HR phone interview. Then got to meet with the hiring manager, the HR business person (separate from the recruiter) and the director. Once i was basically selected (not officially) I had to take an assessment that is similar to the GMAT in terms of questions and difficulty. That was probably the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Lots of problem solving to gauge your ability to analyze a situation and provide a solution. For example, Company A is looking to introduce a new detergent product. What information would you utilize to provide product recommendations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to the salary level that I was looking for. I was able to leverage Glassdoor to identify what would work for me and the HR recruiter. My advice - never give out salary information to HR recruiters, if you didn't already know that then you have larger issues.

Research Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I initially spoke with a recruiter from Florida. She was very pleasant and simply verified my resume. Then I spoke on the phone with two different managers from Florida and California. They asked mainly behavior questions. After that I was brought into the office to speak with those who work in the office. Again, primarily behavior questions.
    After that, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None- they said this offer is the best they can do