Nielsen Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews before an on-site interview, where you complete a rather-straightforward test, followed by 2-3 in-person interviews. Interview with team members across different levels (manager, analyst, etc)

Interview Questions

• Lots of business case problems; things like how would you estimate the market size for a drink. More interested in how you'd answer the problem than arriving at any exact, correct answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The hiring process started with an application which then was followed up by an analytical online test which wasn't too difficult. I then had multiple phone interviews with VP's and Client Managers. A month or two later, I received a phone call asking me to fly out to the location to interview. All three interviews were pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. As long as you prepare well and are a polished interviewer you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no room to negotiate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online, and I got an email for the recruiter. I told them in very first interview that I will be needing visa sponsorship. They proceeded with 4 rounds and then told me that Senior analyst position doesn't qualify for visa sponsorship. My 4 rounds included- One phone interview, one online test of 75 minutes, and 2 phone interviews. Last round was supposed to be an in-person interview with Senior VP.
    Overall my experience was very frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT).

Interview

Division - CPG, Custom Analytics in Wilton, CT.

Applied through the site, initial phone interview with HR, second phone interview with someone from Wilton, had to go to a Nielsen facility to take a written test simple, about 2 hours long regarding general business, average math, and marketing questions with a written essay piece). Invited to on-site interview with 3 people of senior standing and lunch with someone of similar standing to position in question.

Offer made three days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sector/market that you are interested in and how competitors try to compete in that sector.   1 Answer

Pay way too low and didn't like the sleepy suburban location and not sure if i wanted a career path in marketing/CPG. If someone is interested in marketing and CPG, this would probably be a good entry level position for a few years. casual/jeans dress code (5x/week) and office decor were positives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone screens with basic questions. Flown in for in person interview where I met several different team leaders for different groups. Each person asked very different questions (minor case study questions, back ground questions, off hand questions about markets, behavioral questions). The whole in person interview lasted 3 hours - 45 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• Why does this position interest you and how can you help my team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I just got to the phone interview and was greeted by the message that they already filled the position, but wanted me to be considered for the future.

All the questions were just for the information purposes: How many years of experience I have, can I work in U.S. Took about 5 min.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview is fairly relaxed with general questions around who you are, what you have done, your achievements and education. Asked about my previous work experience and why I had left the role

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online. The process depends on every local office. I first interviewed with Beijing, then had a surprise behavioral interview with another location within China and finally a case interview with that same office. For the business case you need to be fast and have business & marketing acumen.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of details of my previous projects. Mostly based on data analysis, findings and issues that I had found.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still negotiating

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

happened suddenly, after submitting my resume to the HR. Got a call for interview after two weeks of submitting,

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Initial 10 min phone screening with HR
    2. Analytical test