Nielsen Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Initial 10 min phone screening with HR
2. Analytical test
3. In person 1 hour HR interview
4. Final round of case study and interview with 3 hiring managers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online, and I got an email for the recruiter. I told them in very first interview that I will be needing visa sponsorship. They proceeded with 4 rounds and then told me that Senior analyst position doesn't qualify for visa sponsorship. My 4 rounds included- One phone interview, one online test of 75 minutes, and 2 phone interviews. Last round was supposed to be an in-person interview with Senior VP.
    Overall my experience was very frustrating.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in April 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Screen (typical)
    2. Analytics test - math word problems, ten questions, takes about an hour if I remember correctly. The math is high school level probability and stats, but they're mostly testing your ability to approach the problem correctly, from an analytic standpoint
    3. Phone screen with hiring manager
    4. 4-hour on-site interview with hiring manager, and three senior management, separately. Most of the questions were behavioral in nature and a few "what-if" scenarios, but not really case interview type questions. I also had a few math riddles.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but unexpected, I just asked for a second to think about it and then gave my answer: You have 9 pool balls and a balance with two opportunities to use the balance. All of the balls weigh the same except one, how do you figure out which one?   2 Answers

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews before an on-site interview, where you complete a rather-straightforward test, followed by 2-3 in-person interviews. Interview with team members across different levels (manager, analyst, etc)

Interview Questions

• Lots of business case problems; things like how would you estimate the market size for a drink. More interested in how you'd answer the problem than arriving at any exact, correct answer.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview is fairly relaxed with general questions around who you are, what you have done, your achievements and education. Asked about my previous work experience and why I had left the role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone screens with basic questions. Flown in for in person interview where I met several different team leaders for different groups. Each person asked very different questions (minor case study questions, back ground questions, off hand questions about markets, behavioral questions). The whole in person interview lasted 3 hours - 45 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• Why does this position interest you and how can you help my team?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The hiring process started with an application which then was followed up by an analytical online test which wasn't too difficult. I then had multiple phone interviews with VP's and Client Managers. A month or two later, I received a phone call asking me to fly out to the location to interview. All three interviews were pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. As long as you prepare well and are a polished interviewer you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no room to negotiate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen in April 2011.

Interview

A competency-based approach in human resources was followed in the selection and hiring process. The Interview panel used behavioral questions and screening tools to assess my competency in critical areas.
    The interview was used to evaluate my academic and work experiences, especially those involving intelligence, technology, area studies, and other critical skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate the current business scenario to impact tomorrow processes   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

was invited for a skill/analytical test which consisted of 15 quantative analysis questions...like GMAT and 1 caselet to anlyze and a letter to draft for the CEO with recommendations

Interview Questions

• how does your lack of retail/market research experience make you a suitable candidate for the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT).

Interview

Division - CPG, Custom Analytics in Wilton, CT.

Applied through the site, initial phone interview with HR, second phone interview with someone from Wilton, had to go to a Nielsen facility to take a written test simple, about 2 hours long regarding general business, average math, and marketing questions with a written essay piece). Invited to on-site interview with 3 people of senior standing and lunch with someone of similar standing to position in question.

Offer made three days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sector/market that you are interested in and how competitors try to compete in that sector.   1 Answer

Pay way too low and didn't like the sleepy suburban location and not sure if i wanted a career path in marketing/CPG. If someone is interested in marketing and CPG, this would probably be a good entry level position for a few years. casual/jeans dress code (5x/week) and office decor were positives.