Nielsen Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, and then had a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Everything went smoothly and I was highly qualified for the role. The phone interview was with the hiring manager, and the onsite interview was with her manager. After being told I would hear from them in 2-3 weeks, I was completely ghosted. I followed up with all parties to see if they reached a decision and heard nothing back. When I logged into the job portal, the job was no longer listed. I find it to be completely unprofessional to not even respond and then delete the job posting entirely without even sending applicants a stock email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    1.they gave me a Case study and asked questions based on it
    2. Then there were Basic statistics and situational questions
    3.next round had Situational questions. They were basic logical reasoning ones

Interview Questions

• Based on a case study how to plan the next media strategy?   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

HR reached out to me to schedule the initial phone screen. We set up a date/time. I never received a call at the scheduled date/time. I followed up with an email to confirm the interview but haven't gotten a response since. What kind of company does this, honestly?

Interview Questions

• No questions asked because they never called in for the phone screening nor cancelled the call.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted by HR after around two weeks for arranging phone interview with research manager. The interview process overview of describing your research skills, survey project experience, why you are looking for other opportunities, and what excel functions do you know. Although the manager did not mention when they would have further decisions in the phone interview but got rejected email in around next 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you do at your current company
      What's your level of using excel
      What are the industries of client have you worked with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Screening interview, in person interview with assessment and math skills, interview with hiring manager. In the screening interview they asked me to describe the work I've done? .... I gave lots of examples of research projects relevant to the position and with a variety of methodologies. We also discussed comfort with technology and media. Nielsen has slightly reorganized their internal teams to better accommodate the multi-screen interactive world that we now live in. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. Describe your comfort level working with clients and developing proposals and surveys... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work you've done? .... Give examples of work. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. ... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online a few weeks ago and I have been contacted by a recruiter for a first interviw. It was nice and pretty simple, but you have to be prepared to unswer the usual questions as "what would be your dream job?". I am waiting for my newt interview with the team manager which was scheduled right after the same week. Will keep you posted on the next steps.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Still going through the process. Only downside is sometimes difficult to schedule interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was conversational and friendly. You need to have some experience evaluating small to mid size datasets, and need to understand the way your clients think about their value drivers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by three people. The process was somewhat haphazard.

Interview Questions

• How can you help fix the challenges we face...
      I was not aware of the specific challenges since they were not able to share.   1 Answer

Decided to stay at the current position and heard that there were many changes that were taking place there.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I was headhunted from my own country by a recruiter based in Dubai for a job that was based in Dubai. I got into a phone interview (Skype was not big yet that time) where 3-4 people were on the other line interviewing me. There was the HR person, someone else, and the head of the department I was going to join. The dept head led the questioning. The interview was pleasant enough and wasn't very difficult, but of course I had to be on the whole time and project confidence and strength. It was a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• describe my work experience and how this relates to the job I was being interviewed for   Answer Question
    • What kind of research have I done   Answer Question
    • What my undergraduate course was and how this relates to the job I was being interviewed for   Answer Question