Nielsen Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, and then had a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Everything went smoothly and I was highly qualified for the role. The phone interview was with the hiring manager, and the onsite interview was with her manager. After being told I would hear from them in 2-3 weeks, I was completely ghosted. I followed up with all parties to see if they reached a decision and heard nothing back. When I logged into the job portal, the job was no longer listed. I find it to be completely unprofessional to not even respond and then delete the job posting entirely without even sending applicants a stock email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    1.they gave me a Case study and asked questions based on it
    2. Then there were Basic statistics and situational questions
    3.next round had Situational questions. They were basic logical reasoning ones

Interview Questions

• Based on a case study how to plan the next media strategy?   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

HR reached out to me to schedule the initial phone screen. We set up a date/time. I never received a call at the scheduled date/time. I followed up with an email to confirm the interview but haven't gotten a response since. What kind of company does this, honestly?

Interview Questions

• No questions asked because they never called in for the phone screening nor cancelled the call.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I was headhunted from my own country by a recruiter based in Dubai for a job that was based in Dubai. I got into a phone interview (Skype was not big yet that time) where 3-4 people were on the other line interviewing me. There was the HR person, someone else, and the head of the department I was going to join. The dept head led the questioning. The interview was pleasant enough and wasn't very difficult, but of course I had to be on the whole time and project confidence and strength. It was a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• describe my work experience and how this relates to the job I was being interviewed for   Answer Question
    • What kind of research have I done   Answer Question
    • What my undergraduate course was and how this relates to the job I was being interviewed for   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

There was an aptitude test which comprised of pure maths questions and English writing skills, maths questions were CAT level and English was about sentence correction and drafting an official mail to a client

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straightforward...one telephonic interview with the line manager to assess candidature fit and basic experience etc
    Then an online aptitude test on basic logic and data interpretation skills - This is a very very basic level test asking basic aptitude questions on data interpretation...probability...2 small case case studies...some maths (Arithmetic) and English grammar questions...
    Then a final HR round asking basic expectations
    Overall the round is very transparent, the process is driven by the line or operational manager and if the first round goes well then depending on the urgency the entire process shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• General questions on prior work experience...career goals...why Nielsen...expectations etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

However the salary levels are prefixed atleast in entry to mid mgr levels and are mostly non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was conversational and friendly. You need to have some experience evaluating small to mid size datasets, and need to understand the way your clients think about their value drivers.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online. There were three rounds. 1 was an assessment--like a GMAT test; 2 was a focus group moderation, and after that I needed to finish a report; 3 was a presentation to the director

Interview Questions

• Not many behavior questions. Most related to the report and presentation.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There is an aptitude written test followed by personal interview. Aptitude test comprises of maths and english section. Topics to cover in maths were same as most competitive mba exams

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are suitable for this role?How can you contribute to the organization?   2 Answers

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 times one on one meeting with the manager and the director. It's more like technical questions about my previous experiences. Just make sure that you know the roles they offer well. They also asked why I want to apply this positions, some basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• My previous research experiences and some behavioral questions like strength and weakness   Answer Question