Nielsen Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore | Glassdoor

2.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Relationship Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to interview with two managers at Nielsen. On the following week, I was then called to meet with another manager and then finally the head of revenue within the same week. In total I had three interviews within 1 week.
    I had differing signals and messages on what they really wanted as a candidate. There was little or no communication from HR or feedback following the interviews, even after I had written to follow up to understand next steps and gain feedback, which is always valuable.
    Although some of the managers were very friendly and some great questions were asked, personal calls were taken during the last stages of the interview which didn't give me a great impression, signalling my that my candidature is not that important or fully respected.
    HR need to be more proactive and polite in greeting a candidate, for example shaking hands and a smile always helps to provide a good impression to any professional who considers Nielsen as potential company to work for instead of being ushered into a room without a hello. Feedback should also be provided to the candidate, whether it is positive or negative as it is a fundamental and important part of the process to maintain a good impression and honest relations.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a service or product you have managed previously?   1 Answer

Fast Forward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview was very behavioural. Your future manager (the interviewer) will share what they do on a regular basis. Pay was 800/month. Pretty low. They seem to want intern to take up as much activities, outside of the department , as they want. They offer conversion as well.

Fast Forward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

Pleasant and Efficient. HR was helpful and patient, entertaining all queries that I had. The interview process was smooth and professional, lasting approximately 1 hour. I got a reply within 4 days.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

- First there a Case Study will be shown to you and have about 1 hour to analyse it
    - Presentation of Case Study Findings, and questions will be asked
    - Lastly, Interview will held

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Online tests on personality, math and english, video recordings of yourself, together with online interviews, need at least 2 hrs to complete them. No face to face interview, just phone interviews from HR.

Interview Questions

• How have you deal with a difficult situation you have faced in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly on the company's website and received a call from the HR for a quick phone interview. It was a casual chat mainly to find out which positions are you interested in. Next, a link was sent for the second step of the interview process.

Everything was done online. There were 2 parts:
    1. Verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning
    2. Online interview -- where there were 3 videos that allow re-taking, and 1 that requires 1 take.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?
      What are the skills and experiences you can bring to the table?   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very efficient as the entire process was completed within 2 weeks of submitting the resume online. It was follow by a phone screening, online tests and finally an online interview.

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First was an interview with HR where you do the usual questions like why should we hire you, how can you value add, what are your strengths and weaknesses.
    Second round was an interview with the hiring manager and director. You are required to do a case and present your findings.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First was a phone interview asking me why I wanted to leave my current job and why I applied with them. After that I was told to do an online assessment.

They followed up relatively quickly with a first face to face with 3 managers. Asked general questions about why I wanted to leave and why I wanted to join them. They asked about what I did in my previous job and how I would be valuable to the company. Overall it was general and went well.

After that hr told me interview went great and there was no need for a second interview and they would let me know of the results.

After a few days they told me that they would like to invite me for a second round of interview with the director. Interview consisted a lot of technical questions associated to the role

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

HR did a brief interview over the phone. Then proceeded to do an online test. The HR personnel would then call you back to say if you have passed or not, and you will get an interview only if you pass the test.

The interview was ok, was supposed to be interviewed by a manager, associate director, and director, however, only the manager was around.

The manager thought I was a good fit, and hence I had another phone interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Why research and why Nielsen?
      Some questions on the job.   Answer Question