Nielsen Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Online tests on personality, math and english, video recordings of yourself, together with online interviews, need at least 2 hrs to complete them. No face to face interview, just phone interviews from HR.

Interview Questions

• How have you deal with a difficult situation you have faced in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly on the company's website and received a call from the HR for a quick phone interview. It was a casual chat mainly to find out which positions are you interested in. Next, a link was sent for the second step of the interview process.

Everything was done online. There were 2 parts:
    1. Verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning
    2. Online interview -- where there were 3 videos that allow re-taking, and 1 that requires 1 take.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?
      What are the skills and experiences you can bring to the table?
      Answer Question

Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very efficient as the entire process was completed within 2 weeks of submitting the resume online. It was follow by a phone screening, online tests and finally an online interview.

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First was an interview with HR where you do the usual questions like why should we hire you, how can you value add, what are your strengths and weaknesses.
    Second round was an interview with the hiring manager and director. You are required to do a case and present your findings.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First was a phone interview asking me why I wanted to leave my current job and why I applied with them. After that I was told to do an online assessment.

They followed up relatively quickly with a first face to face with 3 managers. Asked general questions about why I wanted to leave and why I wanted to join them. They asked about what I did in my previous job and how I would be valuable to the company. Overall it was general and went well.

After that hr told me interview went great and there was no need for a second interview and they would let me know of the results.

After a few days they told me that they would like to invite me for a second round of interview with the director. Interview consisted a lot of technical questions associated to the role

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

HR did a brief interview over the phone. Then proceeded to do an online test. The HR personnel would then call you back to say if you have passed or not, and you will get an interview only if you pass the test.

The interview was ok, was supposed to be interviewed by a manager, associate director, and director, however, only the manager was around.

The manager thought I was a good fit, and hence I had another phone interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Why research and why Nielsen?
      Some questions on the job.
      Answer Question

Retailer Services Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through their website, took 2-3 weeks to get back to me. First stage was a phone screen. Called back later in the week to arrange for me attend an interview at Nielsen. Second stage was an case study assessment where I was given data in excel sheet and I had to create a 15 min presentation within 1 hour. (Key in doing well is being able to analyse and explain well, they wanted to test my analysis and reasoning skills). Another 15 min for Q&A. Third stage, after the presentation was the interview by two managers of Retailer Services.

Retail Insights Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

First hour was dedicated to the preparation of a case study. You will be asked to plot some charts using excel.
    Following which, there was 15 min presentation and 15 min qna session by a panel.
    After the case presentation, we proceeded on to a normal behavioural interview.

Retail Insights Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process takes about 2 hours

The first hour will be used to prepare for a case. It is not something hard, just stay clam and attempt the case.

After that the interviewers (hiring managers) will enter the room and you will present your case to them. There will be a short 15mins Q&A, followed by normal behavioral questions.

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2014.

Interview

Case study where you have to plot graphs and present. You are given 1 hour to prepare but 1 hour isnt really alot of time. Case study was quite difficult and you have to make assumptions.
    Manager then asked questions.
    Then there was a normal interview (Strengths weaknesses and behavioural questions)