Nielsen Technical Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

First off, The Nielsen Company appeared to be a great place to work at. The building located in NY si beautiful and the location is prime!

I initially applied thru their online system. It was quick, easy and painless. Within a few days, I had a phone call for a request for a phone interview. The initial interview is with the HR screener. The woman I had was great and asked great questions of me and I asked as much as I can with her. Because she was HR, she could not answer some of the more detailed, job specific questions I had.

About a week later I was scheduled for interviews with 4 people. You were indeed sent an itinerary etc. and asked to fill out some info for their background testing system. Everyone I spoke with was great and full of talent. It actually showed that they enjoyed their jobs and what they did. All in all my interview experience was a good one with the company: meeting with 2 VPs, and 2 departmental peers. Of course, me being the person looking for the job thought I was the best fit, however I was not extended the offer to continue on with the interview process if any. Yes, I was bummed, but realistically, the staff would know best as to what they were looking for.

All in all, it really was a great experience. I appreciated the opportunity to get to know more about Nielsen Online. It definitely seemed they were not the type of company to drag their feet on decision making.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of technical expertise?   1 Answer
  • What type of analytical software are you familiar with?   1 Answer