Nielsen Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the company 3 weeks later inviting me to an online video assessment via Shortlister. I had 3 days to complete it. 1 week later, they contacted me again inviting me to a face to face interview where I had to present a case study and respond several competency based questions. They called me on the next day with a positive feedback and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment: how my previous experience would help me to succeed in the new role, why do I want to work for Nielsen.
      Face to face: very long and detailed interview. Interviewers were well prepared, passionate about their jobs and extremely experienced. I had several questions about my presentation and also competency based ones. Eg: how do you work under pressure? Tell us an example of when you had to reach a tough target and how you achieved it, tell us an example of something you did that improve something in the company, if lots of people are asking you things with a short deadline, how do you prioritise it, how do you face changes etc.   Answer Question

Consumer Panel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had an initial phone screening interview with HR, then later I had a phone interview with two senior members of the team. Then I had an in person interview at the Oxford office where I had to present some insights based on my knowledge of the FMCG market.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 rounds in total. First two assessment consisted of 2 parts: numerical and personality.It was easy as they give you practice test you can't take several times. Then it's a video interview about your skills and background and then final assessment in the office and 1:1 interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen
      Why this position
      Components of market research   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Speaking solely for this BDM role, I have to say that the initial stage was satisfactory with a phone screening that lasted more than an hour, and an extremely disappointing face to face interview, with good cop/bad cop old fashion approach. No policy for covering expenses to travel to Oxford and no feedback or contact whatsoever after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked from one of the interviewers was why there was a 5-month gap between positions (it was 3 actually) that I had 10 years ago.   1 Answer

Manager, Client Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

First round via phone, the hr manager
    Second round four people group case study discussion in KCL, the hr manager and head of recruitment
    The final round via Skype, and will talk to the VP of the different departments.

Graduate Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

There are a large number of steps involved in applying - first the application form, then online personality and numerical tests, then another, very lengthy application form, then an assessment day on the location, and finally, apparently, another final interview round.

First off, too many steps. Who has time to go do and wait for the results of so many stages?

Secondly, the assessment day was strange. Divided into three stages, a bunch of people were sent home at each one. It was well organised, but I rather felt like cattle being driven to and from different rooms. There was no travel reimbursement (getting to Oxford is not cheap for everyone).

I can see that there must be layers and layers of bureaucracy in a firm as large as this, and am half gratified at having been rejected relatively early on.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions as it was all group-based exercises   Answer Question

Graduate Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Online tests, video interview, face to face Assessment Centre.

The assessment centre consisted of a survival exercises, a case study presentation, and finally a personal presentation as to why they should hire you.

Interview Questions

• What does Nielsen do? What services do we provide? Sell yourself in 5 minutes (why you)? What are your greatest areas of development? What can you bring to this company? What would you describe as big data?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

1 assessment centre, quite intense, numerous group exercises. We had lunch with current associates and got the chance to ask a lot of questions. Followed up with two 1h interviews with current managers. Everyone was very friendly and proffesional at the same time. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Casual competency based. Group assignment to demonstrate how well you collaborate with other people; super essential for this company.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview
    2 to 1 Interview
    Tests
    Final Interview

In the 2 to 1 interview they go through your CV and they also ask how would you deal with certain situations.

The psychometric tests consist of numerical, written and reasoning tests.

The final interview will be with the team leader or director.

Graduate Market Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I am very disappointed with the way Nielsen has conducted the recruitment process, especially considering the kind of reputation it holds. I was contacted by a recruitment agency for a position with BASES. They had n number of rounds! First there is a maths test and case studies. Fairly difficult and apparently only 1 in 12 people pass the test. I passed that and went on to the telephonic interview where the interviewer asked me questions which tested some competencies and also my interest in the CPG industries. I passed that and then went on to the assessment centre. It comprised of a attention to detail task, group case study, group presentation on the case study, individual case study and presentation and then a competency interview. There is nothing really to prepare for the case studies. One only needs to use their common sense and be confident while talking to the panel. Individual case study had a lot of data to study in a very short period of time. We also had to make our presentation in that time period. Competency interview was just too detailed. They keep on probing you for more answers. At the end of all this they rejected me saying that they wanted more from the competency interview and that I did well in all the other tasks. I don't know how a decision can be based on one subjective interview when I have shown all the skills they need in their job through their innumerable tasks. They didn't send out a rejection letter formally. For the salary they are offering, they put us through a lot and still wanted more which I didn't understand.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine how much a company needs to sell when launching a new product?   Answer Question