Nielsen Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Vice President Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviewers - 3 interviewers over 3 days.
the hiring manager held all the cards (as it should be) - turn the hiring manager into your friend and advocate because they are the one that will go to bat for you in terms of getting more salary, more vacation or re-categorizing the job description so that the pay range is right..

Interview Questions

• Interviews were free flowing and natural .. no grilling or testing (Maybe there should be!)..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Vice President Interview

Interview

Submitted application in response to ad, but fell to the bottom of the HR slush pile. Used LinkedIn to identify and contact actual hiring manager. The interview was over breakfast in the manager's home town (he worked remotely). Very informal.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I didn't expect ... they were not quite honest about the resources available to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Additional salary and vacation time. My impression is that they have a lot of flexibility for senior positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

long and arduous process that in the end turned out not to be the job I thought I was applying for. There was a level uncertainty within the hiring management as to exactly what the position was supposed to be. My advice: don't waste your time in trying to get a job in the middle of an intra-company reorganization.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your skills and how would they benefit us?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle employees that do not get along?   Answer Question

Wasn't the job I wanted or thought i was applying for,