Nine West Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nine West Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nine West.

Interview

Short and straight to the point. Asked to demonstrate how to sell shoes. You have to choose your style and show why they should by that style by promoting the product. They are looking for very enthusiastic people to help their company in sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nine West

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was easy. If you have confidence you can make it. Must dress to impress. They love for you to LOVE FASHION !! It's a must

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was extremely laid back, and I got a call back a few days after to let me know I got the position! The manager that interviewed me was a little inexperienced, I think that's why it was so laid back! As long as you have prior retail experience you shouldn't have a hard time getting into the company!

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in selling shoes   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nine West (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring. One of the associates had me write down my name and phone number. She told me they would give me a call for a phone screening. The next morning, I got a call asking why I wanted the job. The woman on the phone told me she would call me later that day or the next day to schedule an interview. I got a call the next morning and got an interview scheduled 3 days later. When I went in for the interview, I waited a bit because it was a group interview. It wasn't intimidating at all, very calm atmosphere. At the end of the interview, she told us she would call us by the end of the week to let us know if she was interested. The next day I got a call and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time we had a difficulty with a customer and how we dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were given bad customer service and how you would have dealt with it if you were in opposite positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nine West (Houston, TX).

Interview

A lot of questions to get to know me, easy to talk to interviewer, had to be careful of what to say because they evaluated everything about you, being a teenager and being inexperience most likely prevented me from getting the job

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nine West.

Interview

I applied online. I actually applied about 5 times for one store. The applicate process for SM searching for an employee is hard to filter through. So applying more than once made my app stand out.
    Very informal, offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions. What makes you good, motivated, and a successful employee.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nine West.

Interview

I walked in one day and asked if they were looking to hire and they were. When I told them that I already work at the mall, they seemed to want to interview me right away! I was scheduled for an interview for a couple of days later and told to go online and fill out every thing out. I went in and interviewed with an assistant manager. It was an easy peasy interview. Typical questions asked from predetermined sheet: What was your worst customer and how did you deal? How would you deal working at a busy location? It was a piece of cake and the assistant manager was young like me so it was no pressure at all. She told me that she liked me and would sell me to the store manager. I was told to call in a couple days to check and see if the store manager had made a decision. When I called, she informed me that I would need to come in and talk to her just to put a name to face and talk a little about the position. Went in a few days later and met with the store manager. She basically just told me a little bit about the store and company culture but did ask what I was looking for in the company. Next thing you know she asked what my availability was and what I would want my pay to be

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising at all. If you have prior retail experience you will be ok. Have examples, be personable   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really didn't know how to negotiate so I just told them current pay at my other job. I was told that they could offer me a couple more cents, so I took it. When I got my confirmation email, I had gotten what I asked for on my application which was .25 cents more than originally offered.

Anonymous Employee in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nine West (Riverhead, NY).

Interview

You basically go into a room with one of the managers and they ask a series of questions including your past experience, your availability, and why you think you are good candidate for the position that they have open.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruited at a former job, 1 interview, negotiable pay, very quick hiring process. Easy background check, no drug test required. Interviewed by Store Manager

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nine West (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty rushed being that they were just reopening and in need of associates. The interview was over the phone, I later briefly met with the manager, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you make the most out of a sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation, we discussed my past experiences, i was given what I asked for.