Nintendo of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nintendo of America Interview Questions

Interviews at Nintendo of America

2.6

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nintendo of America.

Interview

Had a terrible interview process with the senior recruiter. He was rude and unenthusiastic the entire call, and definitely seemed irritated with me. If you're so irritated by me answering your questions then just end the interview. Wasted 45 minutes of my life talking to him and following up only to get a one word response to my Thank You email: "Thanks." Hopefully he was just having a terrible day, but this had deterred me from wanting to apply to Nintendo in the future let alone interview or accept an offer.

Extremely unprofessional and not a good look for Nintendo. I've never had an interview experience like that. Hopefully other recruiters are much more pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent project you worked on and what were the results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redmond, WA) in October 2020.

Interview

The HR reached out to me to schedule for a 20 minute phone call/interview giving me the names of individuals I would be talking to. However, affter sending my availabilities as they had requested, they turned me down before the phone call.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I applied on the company website. After a week I was reached out by a recruiter. After the initial phone screening, I was sent a home assignment. After few days, they told me the manager wanted to set up a technical phone interview. I set it up on the following week. The interview was fairly easy, basic coding in C++ and problem solving ability. It went really good on my opinion. A month went by and I didn't have any feedback. During this time, I sporadically reached out to the recruiter, who told me they had many candidates to evaluate before making any decisions. In the end, I got a job offer from another company. I informed the recruiter who replied I was not considered for the job anymore. Weird.

Interview Questions

• General understanding of a problem and find the best way to solve it   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America in July 2020.

Interview

Was contacted rather quickly by recruiter who said he would follow up. After reaching out twice for a follow up and never hearing back, I gave up. Very disappointed I didn’t even get an automated email decline or anything. Being ghosted by a company is a harsh move.

Sdet Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America.

Interview

Beware of this jerk of an engineer on a power-trip by the name of Chris Charleson. Extremely obnoxious , maintained a condescending attitude throughout the interview.
    They didn't extend me the offer because apparently they were looking for someone with more experience in C++ which is odd because I haven't mentioned C++ on my resume and I made it clear to the interviewers several times. What a complete waste of time!

Product Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redmond, WA) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process took some time to get through and had 5 steps through the process. First 4 steps were 30 minute phone calls (during COVID-19 Pandemic) and the final interview was 2.5 hours with multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience impact you in this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America in April 2020.

Interview

I asked some questions to understand interview question itself during phone interview session. The interviewer was extremely rude to answer my questions. This interviewer is probably most rude interviewer I met during my career whom just shows his frustration and rudeness straight to the interviewee. "oh god, geez~, YES! YES!!!, Just do what I said! YES! " believe me or not that was the way of the interviewer talked during the interview session. I can easily imagine how toxic a work place will be from the behavior of the interviewer like that. After I finished interview session, I was glad to know about this person's character so I could avoid toxic working environment.

Interview Questions

• write function that finds left most, right most, upper most point from given coordinate.   Answer Question

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nintendo of America.

Interview

Got a phone call for a phone screen and once I got that, immediately moved to the in person interview with 3 people, 2 employees and the hiring manager. It was all soft skills and 1 system design question. The hiring manager for this position really emphasized soft skills over technical skills.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a challenge or roadblock when working on a project?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redmond, WA).

Interview

No feed back after onsite, people on panel were friendly except one very old guy who was drunk and was criticizing a lot. i think, he already made up mind about not giving me a chance. Other than that it was great to know other people on panel.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redwood City, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

There are three rounds. Had a phone screening with the recruiter to answer some behavioral questions, salary expectations, and a brief overview of the job. After that, had a 30min call with the hiring manager. The final round they bring you on-site to interview with the team. No feedback after the interview. I agree based on previous Glassdoor reviews that Nintendo takes forever to respond and sometimes even ghosts you. It’s been months since my interview and I haven’t heard back with a decision even after checking in.