Nintendo of America Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Nintendo of America Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

2.8

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with an internal recruiter. Then another phone call with the hiring manager and lastly being invited to the office to meet and interview with the team. Overall process was simple and they were very fast at responding. However, after final 1:1 interviews there was never any input even after a follow-up email asking about the status. Left a bad taste that after going to meet with them and spending 4 hours in their office the HR team cannot even be bothered with a "thanks but no thanks" email letting me know that they are not interested. Very disappointing end to what seemed like a great company and working environment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particular or out of the ordinary. Everyone seemed intent on wanting to know "why Nintendo"?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

1st call with HR and went over basic questions. 2nd call with Director of the team. Went in for interviews and met with 5 people. Some were tougher and some were more relaxed. Felt like a personality fit test. Had to take a Microsoft Excel and Power Point test and was tough as it was an expert test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered and i countered

Creative Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

My first phone interview was with the hiring manager. I thought it was odd I skipped talking to a recruiter but seemed like a good sign. Hiring manager was very nice and interesting to talk to. I was told not long after that I'd be brought in for an on-site interview. When I asked about public transportation options I was told to avoid it at all costs - it basically was not an option. This wasn't very appealing to someone who lives in San Francisco and doesn't ever feel the need for a car. I had to borrow a car to get to the interview in Redwood City and the location of the office was pretty remote. I couldn't even figure out where you could go for a coffee or a sandwich on a break. It felt very caged in, and the office was really unimpressive and very eerily quiet for a gaming company. I just didn't get a great vibe being there. The staff was very nice though, and I think I could have worked nicely with them if I could get myself to go into that bland office park every day. A few of the interviewers mentioned how strict Nintendo policies are, making it hard to be completely creative each day. That was a big red flag for me. When the recruiter called me to tell me their decision she said they were going with someone with more experience, but wanted me to come back to interview for a smaller role. This kind of bugged me since it was obvious from my resume how much experience I had, but they still brought me on-site anyway. In the end, taking the smaller role was not worth the commute for me, and I thought it was a little silly I'd have to interview with the same department all over again.

Interview Questions

• How would you get more young children to play Nintendo games?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America (Redwood City, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed first by phone with HR. After the screening process I was brought in and met with an Assistant Manager in the department and I had to return a second day to interview as the hiring manager was not available. It took several weeks to meet with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very straight forward, i.e. what do you look for in a manager, provide your past experiences in role interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I stated what my previous salary was however at no time was I told a range in the salary that they would offer. I received the salary that I provided from my former position.