Nintendo of America Training Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nintendo of America Training Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nintendo of America in February 2012.

Interview

I had a really great interview experience with Nintendo. The process went as follows:

1) Applied online via job posting

2) Approximately a week later I received a phone call from a recruiter at Nintento requesting a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day.

3) Phone interview went well. It was just some basic questions about the job, my qualifications, etc. During the conversation I was informed that they were about two weeks out from the next step in the process so not to be expecting any news for at least two weeks.

4) Two and a half weeks later I received a call from the same recruiter asking me to come in for a set of interviews. I was scheduled for a series of interviews - two 1-on-1 interviews, a panel interview, and a fifteen-minute presentation. All were scheduled for a three hour block the following week.

5) I went in for the interview process. It was really laid back. It included a tour of the building and then each of the interviews back to back. Everyone was very nice, the interview questions were very straight forward. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. I was told that there were some other candidates they were considering so it might be awhile before I heard something.

6) Two and a half weeks later I received a call from a new recruiter telling me they wanted me for one more set of interviews.

7) When I got a hold of the recruiter the next day he told me they had decided to forgo the final set of interviews and that he would call me later that day with a final decision.

8) Received a call that afternoon with a job offer.

The entire process too just over a month to complete. My only advice would be to be patient. Nintendo works at their own pace so things may take time. I have also heard that they don't always call back after interviews so it's easy to lose hope if you don't hear something for awhile. It doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't being considered. Sometimes they are just slow.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with each of these particular types of individuals in a training setting (a number of different types were provided)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I wasn't really in need of negotiation so I can't comment much on this. I was happy with the salary they offered and the benefits package was great so I just went for it.