Nissan North America Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HRBP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

I actually interviewed for this position at two different times in about a 9 month period. I have had 4 on site interviews. The Kelly Services Recruiters that you are initially contacted by are okay... They are what you would expect- quick and efficient but they are not going to be very sensitive to your experience, they just need to get through it and pass on the info. Then you deal primarily with Nissan Recruiters (the main recruiter and the scheduler) who are all great in my experience. My two different experiences, I would have one phone interview then go straight to an on site interview which I have found is rare (normally it is 2-3 phone interviews then on site). In both situations I would meet with my immediate supervisor AND a co-worker in the first on site interview. Then the second, I would meet with one upper level manager (the boss's boss). The interview questions are very difficult. They are very specific behavioral questions (not the typical "give me an example of a time when you had a conflict with a team member...") and are difficult to prepare for. This sucks for an interviewee but is great for them because you have to answer honestly, and in the moment. I have really liked everyone I have met. They are always prepared with questions, on time, and have always had my resume in front of them. The interviews last exactly an hour beginning to end and leaving time for your questions. My 4th interview was interesting, I had already been declined for the job but the Director wanted to meet to talk about future opportunities. It was a great conversation about exactly what I am looking for and my history and I really appreciated the opportunity and interest. Even though I have been turned down for this position twice now, I have truly enjoyed my experiences and still hope to one day work for Nissan.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when your Supervisor said something about yourself that you didn't agree with. How did you handle that? What was your reply?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted about a position they thought I would be good for. They set up a phone interview. The phone interview was in typical format. Talked about my background and typical interview questions. They called back after a few day and said the hiring manager wanted to set up an in person interview and requested my availability. They then said they would call back with what day the hiring manager wanted to schedule it. However, I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

After I applied I heard back from the recruiter within one week and had the phone screening. Two weeks later I had my face to face. During the face to face they seemed unprepared didn't know if it was a 'screening' or an interview. I don't think they reviewed my resume. One of the interviewers was on his phone and laptop the entire time. Not the most professional interview I've been in.

Supplier Capacity Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

The interview process is quick once they review your experiences. They usually begin with a phone screen to determine if bringing you in for the face-to-face interview is beneficial. The formal interview will be in a group setting with the hiring managers. The interview will only be an hour.

Interview Questions

• The interview is in a group setting. Each interviewer asks their own random questions. The interview does not use newer situational based (S.T.A.Rs) methods. It's the easier, older style interview technique. They asked if I was prepared and able to work a lot of hours. The questions were pleasant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was limited. There is a set range for positions.

Zone Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Smyrna, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I put my application in for the job and promptly got an interview. The supervisor and manager were polite and aske me several questions and gave me a couple scenarios to see how i handled them. I did not get the job but the managers gave me feedback and kept encouraging me to apply for other positions that opened up

Interview Questions

• If you had a technician underneath you and asked them to do something and they refused, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior QA Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview Process was two rounds, first I had interview with the Manager and second round was with a Sr. manager.

Each interview session lasted between 30 to 45mins. I had a one on one session on each interview appearance. Not anything like panel style or type of interview process I have seen before in the past.

Interview Questions

• Nothing outside of the expected questions regards to the role applied. Question ranges from SDLC perspective, General testing questions and other interview questions. there were questions also on ip's and internet protocols in general.

Expect questions on cars and duration time it takes to manufacture a model year vehicle.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Email and called, set up phone interview. HR person did not call at time that was confirmed, I called her and it went to voice mail. She finally called back and said she was in a meeting ad sorry for not calling on time. Interview started with her asking salary requirements, they were clearly spelled out in my application, once sated was told that my requirements were above pay grade of 97K. Felt like the HR girl was very unprofessional by not reading my application before setting up the interview and by not calling on time. Was told my qualifications were outstanding but the pay was not there. Said I would be considered for future position. I do not expect a call back.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The firstly round interview takes about 50 min and the second round is just 30 min. The first round ask lots of questions on resume, from previous internships to master program experience and hobbies. Then the manager and senior analyst ask me do I familiar with Database which is the key software in my position. Then they explain how the team work. It is more about behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the most interesting part in your previous job?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Two on-site interviews, all are behavior questions. Need to be very familiar with all experiences on resume. Asked about how familiar with database and how you presented in the past.

Management/Smyrna Plant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Smyrna, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Process pretty straight forward- applied on-line, HR screen, Phone interview w/ managers and finally and on-site interview. The on-site interview was panel style and focused on my skills and details of the role. Entire process took approx. 3 weeks from initial contact to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do certain skills on my resume relate to the role in question?

I was expecting a behavior based questionnaire, but this group was focused on understanding my background for best fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered exactly what I asked for during the interview.