Nissan Technical Center North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nissan Technical Center North America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Body Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR dept. They ask behavioral questions and your background, trying to match you with a good department. Technical interview with group is next, where they ask you about your experience. On the on-site interview, they ask very technical questions. Ask what you know about vehicle body. Some skills test and also they give you a part and ask where the parts would fail in fatigue and etc.

Interview Questions

• a part is provided. How would you add stiffness to this part without adding any mass?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Finance team in Franklin HQ approves the offer, so the HR actually doesn't have power to negotiate. This extra step delays any negotiation requests and ultimately applicants end up taking the offer due to the drawn out process.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America in June 2015.

Interview

1 pre-screen, 1 phone, and 1 skype interview. Fairly informal, not very technical. Just asked general knowledge and some basic questions related to the job function. Was difficult to understand via skype, but overall fairly standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nissan?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

I first received an application verification call that re-asked me most of questions from the application online. Then my information was passed onto a HR representative who asked me experience based questions which were targeted to find out which entry level position would be best suited.

Exterior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

I had applied for a test position in Arizona, and after a month I was told that job wasn't going to be screened for that position. I was referred to a design engineer position in Farmington Hills, MI. I had a phone screening from an HR associate for general position questions. I was then asked to interview with a panel of managers and engineers, that interview was about 1 hour long. I had another interview via skype to talk more about my experiences, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

The the entire process from first screening to offer was 2 weeks long. There was no relocation assistance for my move (which would have been from Southern California to Southern Michigan, some 2,250 miles) and the salary was less than I was receiving at the time.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was prompt about communication (emails, phone calls). However, he seemed to have limited knowledge of the job-req, the work environment, or the team.

The interview process was as expected. No difficult questions or harsh interviewers. Presentation of previous work plus some panel interviews. If you are moderately prepared, you'll do well. The important focus here was on communication. Makes sense, since they were trying probably to assess team fit since it was a small group.

Once the process was over, it took them nearly five weeks to make an offer. Too much delay for a Silicon Valley setting, especially since they are trying to hire in a specialized occupation field.

Engineer I Interview

Interview

I first spoke with an HR representative who performed a phone screen and decided I was a good candidate. She then forwarded my information to the hiring manager and he asked for a phone interview followed by a video conference.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to draw free body diagrams of the forces acting upon a door handle mechanism and how they translate through the multiple linkages. I was also asked to sketch a piece of reinforcement sheet metal and add a support in a way that would make it stronger.   1 Answer

Audio IT Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview and a round table interview, after I was selected HR completed the process by performing a drug test and background. The final hiring process is completed by manager as a tour of the facility, access card, and other logistics. Once set up, Nissan HR will enroll the new employee in training classes that will develop the company and allow for professional growth

Interview Questions

• Nissan is a very technical place as it strives for excellent products, the social part is left as optional so I did not have a behavioral interview   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring managers followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Was presented with a quiz which included varoius engineering technical questions such as deflection of Cantilever beam with end load and explain difference between stiffness and strength.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

You need to have some experience in you field to get hired. Get ready to answer a lot of questions including technical

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

Applied online. An HR rep contacted me and I had a 20 minute quick interview for them to gather some basic info about qualifications and interests. After that I had a conference call interview with four engineering staff members.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions to see how I act/think in different circumstances.   Answer Question