Nissan Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Nissan Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Year In Industry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nissan (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Group Exercise Day
    The day began at 8am with two presentations about Nissan overall and then the engineering side of the company and the plant we would be working on.
    This was followed by three group exercises in groups of 5. Two required us to rank the importance of people in a situation and the third was a layout design.
    They were quite fun and I didn't feel too heavily scrutinised by those supervising us.

Interview Questions

• Rank 10 jobs in order of their importance in society.
      Who would you save in the shipwreck?
      Design a layout of a manufacturing plant.
      Answer Question

I was unable to accept due to constraints of the job.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Cranfield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Firstly I had a phone interview through a recruitment agency and within a week I was contacted again to have a face to face interview at Nissan Technical Centre Europe.

Interview Questions

• Which do you think are your main strengths that could be value added for the role?   1 Answer

Legal Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nissan (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview, assessment centre.
    online application reasonable straight forward,
    phone interview- competency based questions, ,go through your cv, test your knowledge of the company.
    took a very long time to get back to me and i had to phone them a couple of times

Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

was three team exercises. You need to collaborate with everyone and make a quick decision on the scenarios. Be prepared for people from the company to be around and writing everything that you say.
    Did not like it to be honest. Everything was cold and we were too many people for the positions they wanted.

Nissan Industrial Placement Student NTCE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Drove up to MK the night before, stayed in a hotel overnight, expenses allowance was £75 which is enough to cover a hotel (Recommend everyone to do this if you're travelling).

The following list is in chronological order:

-Arrived on site early, met other candidates in the lobby.
    -Led to a conference/interview room.
    -Short presentation about Nissan/Renault group, NTEC, Infinity, etc.
    -Meet heads of departments hiring and HR department staff.
    -Have to announce to the group, your name and 1 interesting fact about yourself.
    -Group activities/assessment (Groups of 4/5), namely; 15 things you would prioritise to take on a ship, and assessment on a business related group activity, with a presentation on your groups decisions and how you came to those conclusions.
    -Presentation from an industrial placement student.
    -Lunch (Kindly provided by Nissan).
    -During lunch, chance to talk to department heads.
    -Passport copies and expenses forms to be filled out.
    -Interview stage

The whole day at NTCE lasted form 0800-01600.

Overall a very pleasant experience, staff are fantastic and extremely dedicated to the Nissan brand, just make sure to be yourself and relax.

Interview Questions

• Department/area of expertise question (Will very from job role and department)   1 Answer

Placement 2016 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan.

Interview

Applied with typical cover letter, resume and application online.
    Received email in regards to the assessment centre and a brief outline of hotel/travel expenses that they would pay.
    No preparation was needed for the assessment centre, it was all group based tasks. Approximately 8-12people split into 2 or 3 groups.. tasks where simple enough; your stuck on a ship label items 1-15 most needed first, 8 people or stuck in a cave choose what order to save them, a company is building a new store choose which area best fits the criteria... you are given time by yourself to do each task, and then time to confer with the rest of the group.
    They are not looking for the correct answers at this stage, they want to see the logic behind your choice, how you work in a team and if you can persuade/influence others.
    I would attend this with a few questions in regards to the role just to stand out.

Stage after this was a presentation and interview.
    Very relaxed atmosphere, presentation is on a new topic of your choice and is only 5 minutes long. No questions where asked in regards to it. Followed by a typical interview

Operations Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Sunderland, North West England, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

We were about 20 candidates. Meeting started with the brief presentation of the company and responsibilities of the department. Then they divided us to 4 groups by 5 and gave group task to solve. The main evaluation measure is how you take leadership for the decision making process and how you convince other with your idea.

Interview Questions

• There are 7 people stuck in the yawn. They have different social status, physical condition and experience. You have to decide who should leave the yawn first.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with several psychometric tests, followed by an email invitation to an assessment centre. The process was well organised with fantastic communication from the HR staff throughout. The assessment centre consisted of several tasks which lasted an afternoon and a decision was made within a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nissan (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Got invited for 2 rounds of ACs. The first one was a group interview where about 5 or 6 people in a group and play games. Rank things in orders. The second interview was a panel interview. This AC took place about a month after the first one. One HR and one senior engineer interviewed me for one hour. Questions were all heavily based on team-working skills. A 5-min presentation needs to be made before the interview on a topical news.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that your teammate criticize you and you think that's unfair. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan.

Interview

It felt really rushed. The person did not care what you are saying, will not give any pointers. Usual interview questions: Why do you want to work here, What do you know about us, talk about past work experiences, describe a time when you were criticised and what did you do etc.

Interview Questions

• What skill are you looking to develop during the internship?   Answer Question