Nisum Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Nisum Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nisum (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of thorough technical interviews each for 1 hour. Interviewers were very good. Recruitment teams were lazy in scheduling time. And didnt provide me any update after the 2nd round. Basically they shut down saying no projects.

Software Engineer (NodeJS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nisum (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very basic questions asked, which you could search on Google quickly to regurgitate. It seems the interviewer was more interested in a text book response rather than demonstrating competency. The standard at many startups is phone screen, coding exercise, in person review, but Nisum seems to combine the first two.

Interview Questions

• What is the event loop?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe how to add a color in CSS?   1 Answer

Full Stack Python Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nisum (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone Connector (3rd party) <-> HR Coordinator <-> Staff (manager, manager's manager, manager's technical lieutenant.)

5 people - 2 HR, 3 stakeholders

Order of calls
    Connector
    HR Coordinator
    Manager's Manager
    Managers technical lieutenant
    Manager

I did well. Managers indicated they wanted me to start the next Monday. The connector said the interview went well and that the HR Coordinator wanted to talk to me. The HR Coordinator stalled and did not call me during 3 scheduled times the rest of the week. Late Monday the connector finally tells me the job had been filled. Just what did the HR Coordinator want to talk about? It's still a mystery.

Interview Questions

• Nothing involving details (coding syntax). Friendly survey of tech stack.   1 Answer

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nisum (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Attended 2 interviews. First one 1 hour, second one 30 min.s(Skype). After these technical interviews they said I did good in the interviews. They are ready to make an offer and need to take HR round. All in HR round is bargaining, reducing the salary they mentioned before technical interviews. Keep on saying you are eligible for less salary. Did anyone experienced same?

Interview Questions

• Mostly about Hadoop technologies HDFS, MapReduce, Hbase, Hive.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nisum (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Horrible experience, hiring manager kept lying to the candidate and playing games, wasted other 5 hours time, kept promising verbal offers.