Nitro Senior Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

My process was unique. I first met Tiho (VPE at Nitro) about a year before actually joining. The timing wasn't perfect so we agreed to keep in touch. That Tiho did and around NYE 2014 we started talking again.

The formal process was ~3-4 weeks and was a very different process from what you'd normally see in the valley.

Instead of the phone screen & 4-5 'grill sessions' on site this was a "candidate evolution". I would meet with the team through a sequence of group interview / problem solving / social situation settings which were definitely probing but felt coordinated and meaningful rather than a bunch of discreet coding questions. There was one technical task which was whiteboard / take home and took a day or so to get done.

I was very impressed with the process, as by the end of it it was very clear who the team was & whether the candidate (me) was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Besides the technical questions, my task was to scout out potential teammates to join the team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was happy with the offer.