Nitro Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nitro Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nitro

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Nitro's approach to hiring is pretty much the ideal hiring process you could imagine. Do not expect to be answering on a whiteboard how to search the MST of a huge graph or serialize a BST with parenthesis notation. Don't take me wrong, they want you to have good CS fundamentals but the product mindset is also very important.

First I was prompted to spend some time using the product and give them feedback. I sent an email with 3 points. What is the product for, what would I change or improve and which part of the product I would like to work on.

This went well so I went to 3 onsite interviews, one was to dig a bit more in my technical background, the other two were more of a cultural fit interview.

During the process I was invited to join an internal workshop and I spent an afternoon coding with other engineers.

I came back for an extra technical interview which consisted in giving an idea of how to design a system. I went home and did an iteration on the exercise and sent them an improved version.

Interview Questions

• Do you want a beer? While I was wrapping up the tech exercise.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nitro

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Online application with personal data and resume, technical exercises including algorithms + data structures + logic + real case scenarios, phone interview for cultural fit, two onsite interview reviewing resume and exercises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview fairly easy...need not prepare for such interviews. But be careful that the culture and perks they project outside is not same when you get an offer...The reviews on glassdoor are bogus..they are faked by the employees of Nitro...Very easy interview and I rejected it as they don't have enough perks compared to other smaller companies....They are not pretty aggressive, they don't even have a phone app for their nitro cloud product after being in Industry for such a long time....Don't waste time for such company....Give interview only if you don't have any other offer in hand..else complete waste of time......