Nitro Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was to send a resume through Jobvite and someone would contact you if you seemed like a good fit. I was contacted shortly by the recruiter and she scheduled a phone interview. Due to this recruiter, it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've had. She decided I'd be a good fit so we scheduled an onsite interview.
Once I got there I met up with the recruiter. She was just as pleasant as she came across on the phone. She then showed me around the office which had this really cool vibe to it, very creative and inspirational. Then I was directed to a small conference room.
Met with the Marketing Manager and Webmaster. They asked me questions about my experience and technical abilities. Talked about how very structured the team is, using AGILE Development and that everything is done within the company, no outside agencies used. The Webmaster was very thorough in his questions, asked more about how I was involved technically with every position in my background.
After the interview, the recruiter came in and said there was to be a coding test. We said our goodbyes, and when I got home there was a coding test waiting for me. Finished the test, sent it back and received a rejection email the next day. It was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when the Webmaster was trying to ascertain how I was involved in deployment of the websites in my background. I didn't understand his question so I was confused. He was pretty vague and didn't come right out and ask it, he went around the question. So in your answers, be extremely specific down to the little details. I wished I had prepared for that ahead of time.   Answer Question