Noble Network of Charter Schools Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.5

High School Biology Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Within a week or so, I received emails from 4 schools to conduct phone interviews. The first interviewer invited me to fly me out to Chicago (was already going, but they will offer to bring you out if they want to see you) to teach a demo and interview. I conducted a 25-minute teaching demo at the first school which was filmed and sent to other principals, then an interview, and then was sent to the subsequent schools for other interviews and school tours. They set up all of the interviews and the schedule, so I visited 4 schools in one day and was Uber'd to each school, which was also set up by Noble. It made for a very tiring day, but they are very accommodating. There were also external issues with Uber that day as well as a snowstorm the night before, and they were extremely understanding about timing and everything. My interview was on a Tuesday, and by Friday I began to hear from schools about decisions, and Monday I received the official offer call from the schools.

Interview Questions

• A student has their phone out in the bathroom and is one detention away from not graduating--what do you do?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. They asked the same old irrelevant questions all potential employers ask. The interviewers were young and inexperienced. It seemed they didn't know what they were looking for in candidates.

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview started with an online submission. You submit your resume online and tell them about yourself. You then receive an email to set up a phone interview. If they like you on the phone, they will call you in to demo a lesson. The lesson demo should take roughly 20 minutes. After the demo, you meet with the administrators. They discuss and tell you if you got the job within the next week. If multiple offers arise, you select the one you prefer.

Interview Questions

• What brought you into teaching?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a telephone screening. I had to teach a lesson to a small group of students followed by a formal interview with several building administrators. I was sent to two additional schools on the same day, but I only had to teach a lesson at one school. My lesson was recorded and sent to the other campuses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Noble Charter Network of Schools?   Answer Question

Choir Teacher Interview

Application

Interview

First there was an in-depth application. Then I received a phone interview from the principle. After the phone interview, I went to Chicago to do a live interview and demo lesson. They also called all of my references.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a student with their cell phone in the hallway (students are not allowed to have electronic devices on them), and the student could not afford anymore demerits, what would you do?   1 Answer

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a Skype interview with the principal, assistant principal, and special education department chair. It lasted about 30 minutes. They were going to fly me in for a demo lesson, but once they learned of other campuses that were interviewing me, they offered me the position right away without the demo.

Interview Questions

• Should students with disabilities have the same expectations as general education students?   Answer Question

College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview included a building tour, a sample teaching lesson in front of a class, a group interview with other school staff, and an interview with the principal.

I thought the mission of the school was excellent but, unfortunately, found the staff very pretentious and impressed with themselves. This was especially evident with the focus on one particular interview question aimed at determining my ability to solve problems with "structural ambiguity."

I totally get that these types of outside-the-box, "Google" interview questions are intended to reveal how the candidate thinks on their feet, how they handle adversity, and how they respond to challenges. However, it just seemed like being able to answer a riddle correctly was more important than the rest of the interview and my skills/experience related to the actual position.

Interview Questions

• Q: "There are three boxes. One contains yellow balls, one contains white balls, and one contains box white and yellow balls. You can't see in the boxes, but as soon as you pull out one ball from one box, you know which boxes contain which balls. How can you explain this?"   2 Answers

High School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and waited to hear from schools. I had multiple phone interviews before being asked to fly out for the interview. I had to teach a model lesson and interview with multiple principals. Afterwards I waited a week for schools to offer me a salary and a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students had their cell phone out and they were one detention away from not walking for graduation?   Answer Question

School Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

If they like your application they send you a link to do a video interview. It's 3 questions, no big deal. They ask you to tell them a bit about yourself, how you think you'll align with their values, and why you want to work for Noble specifically. Then they'll pass you along to hiring managers if they like that part. They are quick to get back to you and helpful.

Application

Interview

First, apply through the Noble Network as a whole. If they are impressed with your resume, you will have a short phone interview with HR. They will then submit your resume to principals that you discussed would be a good fit. You will have a series of phone interviews with various principals and if you match as far as interest, you will move onto a face to face interview. You have to perform a demo lesson with students, and the admin will come and watch you. After, you go to each school and have an interview, observe some classrooms, and meet with different staff teams. You can receive multiple offers and then decide for yourself where would be the best fit!