Noble Network of Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.4

High School Biology Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Within a week or so, I received emails from 4 schools to conduct phone interviews. The first interviewer invited me to fly me out to Chicago (was already going, but they will offer to bring you out if they want to see you) to teach a demo and interview. I conducted a 25-minute teaching demo at the first school which was filmed and sent to other principals, then an interview, and then was sent to the subsequent schools for other interviews and school tours. They set up all of the interviews and the schedule, so I visited 4 schools in one day and was Uber'd to each school, which was also set up by Noble. It made for a very tiring day, but they are very accommodating. There were also external issues with Uber that day as well as a snowstorm the night before, and they were extremely understanding about timing and everything. My interview was on a Tuesday, and by Friday I began to hear from schools about decisions, and Monday I received the official offer call from the schools.

Interview Questions

• A student has their phone out in the bathroom and is one detention away from not graduating--what do you do?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a telephone screening. I had to teach a lesson to a small group of students followed by a formal interview with several building administrators. I was sent to two additional schools on the same day, but I only had to teach a lesson at one school. My lesson was recorded and sent to the other campuses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Noble Charter Network of Schools?   Answer Question

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a Skype interview with the principal, assistant principal, and special education department chair. It lasted about 30 minutes. They were going to fly me in for a demo lesson, but once they learned of other campuses that were interviewing me, they offered me the position right away without the demo.

Interview Questions

• Should students with disabilities have the same expectations as general education students?   Answer Question

College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview included a building tour, a sample teaching lesson in front of a class, a group interview with other school staff, and an interview with the principal.

I thought the mission of the school was excellent but, unfortunately, found the staff very pretentious and impressed with themselves. This was especially evident with the focus on one particular interview question aimed at determining my ability to solve problems with "structural ambiguity."

I totally get that these types of outside-the-box, "Google" interview questions are intended to reveal how the candidate thinks on their feet, how they handle adversity, and how they respond to challenges. However, it just seemed like being able to answer a riddle correctly was more important than the rest of the interview and my skills/experience related to the actual position.

Interview Questions

• Q: "There are three boxes. One contains yellow balls, one contains white balls, and one contains box white and yellow balls. You can't see in the boxes, but as soon as you pull out one ball from one box, you know which boxes contain which balls. How can you explain this?"   2 Answers

High School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and waited to hear from schools. I had multiple phone interviews before being asked to fly out for the interview. I had to teach a model lesson and interview with multiple principals. Afterwards I waited a week for schools to offer me a salary and a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students had their cell phone out and they were one detention away from not walking for graduation?   Answer Question

School Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

If they like your application they send you a link to do a video interview. It's 3 questions, no big deal. They ask you to tell them a bit about yourself, how you think you'll align with their values, and why you want to work for Noble specifically. Then they'll pass you along to hiring managers if they like that part. They are quick to get back to you and helpful.

Teacher Interview

Interview

First, you submit an application online and take a short reading and math test. The actual interview process involves a teaching sample to an actual classroom of students and then interviewing with several principals at their campuses which results in a lot of driving around the city.

Interview Questions

• How would you segregate the answers to your exit ticket to better inform re-teaching the concept?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First, apply through the Noble Network as a whole. If they are impressed with your resume, you will have a short phone interview with HR. They will then submit your resume to principals that you discussed would be a good fit. You will have a series of phone interviews with various principals and if you match as far as interest, you will move onto a face to face interview. You have to perform a demo lesson with students, and the admin will come and watch you. After, you go to each school and have an interview, observe some classrooms, and meet with different staff teams. You can receive multiple offers and then decide for yourself where would be the best fit!

ELA Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools in January 2016.

Interview

First, I completed my first interview via skype. This is useful because the program they use allows you to run through as many "trial" skype interviews as you want, giving you room to prepare. Over the next few weeks, I talked on the phone with three principals before being asked to visit Chicago for an interview day. The interviews varied in questions and in length, the first lasting only 15 minutes and the last two lasting well over 30 minutes. I'm currently in the interview process.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with two faculty members. Asked basic interview questions (i.e. what are your strengths, weaknesses, future goals...). Both said that they were short paraprofessionals and needed me to start immediately. The overall interview took about 50 minutes. 30 minutes with the first interviewer and 20 minutes with the second.

Interview Questions

• Please write a brief description of what your friend might say about you, an employer might say about you, and what one of your critics might say about you.   Answer Question