Noble Network of Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Apply online and include a video response to some questions. Phone interview. On campus interview and teaching demo. If you are with Teach for America or another partner, process may be easier or quicker.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with students from diverse backgrounds?   Answer Question

Noble Network of Charter Schools Response

Apr 26, 2018 – Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review after your interview process. We know this is very useful to future applicants!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

They principal called ma for the interview. She asked me to come in. She asked typical interview questions. The interview took about 30 minutes. After the interview, I received a call back 2 weeks later offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with two faculty members. Asked basic interview questions (i.e. what are your strengths, weaknesses, future goals...). Both said that they were short paraprofessionals and needed me to start immediately. The overall interview took about 50 minutes. 30 minutes with the first interviewer and 20 minutes with the second.

Interview Questions

• Please write a brief description of what your friend might say about you, an employer might say about you, and what one of your critics might say about you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Video Interview, you answered questions that were pre recorded and you recoded your response the you move to the next process of in person interviews.I would venture that this is when you actually are then given the opportunity to meet the Hiring Staff.

Interview Questions

• What has been your major accomplishment as an Educator?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a telephone screening. I had to teach a lesson to a small group of students followed by a formal interview with several building administrators. I was sent to two additional schools on the same day, but I only had to teach a lesson at one school. My lesson was recorded and sent to the other campuses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Noble Charter Network of Schools?   Answer Question

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

I was asked to do a video for the interview on a Monday, and on Tuesday I receive and email saying that they had filled the position. Which it is just a bit unprofessional, specially because of the short notice.

Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools.

Interview

Interviewed at several different campuses over 2 days and did a demo lesson, frustrated that I received zero response after such a long interview process. After reaching out to a principal, was offered a position at another campus.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard behavioral questions. Experience working on a team, experience leading etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviews was informational and transparent for the role. It was also a speedy turnover to get processed into the new role. Although at sometimes, I felt the role was undermined with its description, almost undervalued, In fact, there is a lot that is expected of administrative assistants.

Interview Questions

• How is this role going to contribute to your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Very welcoming, a bit overwhelming. There's 17 campuses and they all have a chance to meet you if you're a coveted candidate. They take the time to treat you as a professional, require you to do a demonstration lesson, and while this can feel contrived, it is comforting to know that they care about you as a teacher (more than what your resume says, what you can do in front of a class is crucial). They treat this process as a business should- with coffee meet-ups, dinners, to get to know us as a person in addition to as a professional.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I am with data.
      Had me look at data and talk through how I would use it in my room.
      Had me think through a culture case study and respond to how I would react.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate, but know that they do a lot of research prior to making an offer. As a charter school, I know they can't offer as high of salaries as traditional school systems might, but that's part of the trade off. Safety, clarity, and success in exchange for a (perhaps) 10% dip in what you would like. There is bonus at the end of the year, where you can make up to 10% back, if not more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. They asked the same old irrelevant questions all potential employers ask. The interviewers were young and inexperienced. It seemed they didn't know what they were looking for in candidates.

Teacher Interview

Interview

First, you submit an application online and take a short reading and math test. The actual interview process involves a teaching sample to an actual classroom of students and then interviewing with several principals at their campuses which results in a lot of driving around the city.

Interview Questions

• How would you segregate the answers to your exit ticket to better inform re-teaching the concept?   Answer Question