Noble Network of Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Noble Network of Charter Schools

3.2

College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. You find out a week or so later. Overall I had a good experience. I can see myself working for them in the future. Nice people and phone interview is fun.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools.

Interview

The first round is three five minute videos and they give you the questions ahead of time so you end up having to do a lot of prep and planning for them because they are very general questions

Interview Questions

• Why or why not should everyone have an opportunity to go to college   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools.

Interview

They really stick to their policy of answering phone calls and emails within 2 business days. They really stick to their policy of answering phone calls and emails within 2 business days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. I recommend going to one of their hiring fairs if your interested. It's the best way to get your foot in the door rather than simply applying online. You basically speed date the hiring personal, and if they are interested, you'll receive a follow up.

High School Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools in May 2019.

Interview

After applying online, you receive a phon call from a recruiter who will send out your application to the Noble schools. Then you're contacted by several principals from the schools for a phone interview. After that, you may/may not be chosen for an in-person interview/demo lesson

I was supposed to be contacted by 3 schools. The first one did not call me. I emailed the Noble system several times (and was ignored) until someone finally apologized for my missed meeting. A day later the interviewer I was scheduled to talk to reached out (without even taking responsibility for not calling me). He asked for my availability, so I emailed him back with times/dates, and he never responded again. Clearly there is a disconnect between the school administration and the hiring managers. Like, do you want to fill the position or not??

The second interviewer called right on time. She spoke really fast--the way an interviewer does when they are clearly not interested in getting to know you but rather just spewing out a rehearsed spiel. And she was somewhat rude. I asked meaningful questions--like the attitude of students/any common hindrances students face, and she responded with short, and probably dishonest answers like: Our students don't have any issues with staying motivated. --C'mon. Every school faces issues. I don't care how fancy your website is or how high your graduation rate is--students will struggle, and that's not something to be dishonest about.

The third interviewer missed our phone interview, and did not reach out until I contacted her. She agreed to call me the next day, which she did, but she was 10 minutes late. She only asked me ONE question, and spent the majority of the time talking about the school. She didn't sound interested in getting to know me at all.

Anytime I reached out to the Noble system, I received a response from a different person. Don't expect anyone you contact to actually respond to you--they'll just redirect you to someone else. Also don't expect any form of professionalism or organization.

English Teacher Interview

Application

Interview

I filled out an application on LinkedIn then received an email to fill out a formal application on the website with a couple essay questions. Then I was called back by an initial recruiter who told me that I’d know within a month whether I’d get a job. A week or so after that phone call I spoke to 4 different principals over the phone. And then I had a whole day interview where I visited each campus and met each principal and students. At the first campus, I did a demo lesson that was recorded and we then debriefed afterwards. A couple days later I got a call from the talent acquisition specialist letting me know I had offers from a couple of the schools and I was able to choose the one I wanted.

Interview Questions

• What is your “why?”
      If a student was one detention away from being held back a grade, would you still give them that detention?
      3 greatest strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

ELA Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

I do not recommend trying to work for the Noble Charter Schools. If you are desperate need of a job, this will be a decent opportunity, but otherwise, do not bother.

I applied online for the position in December 2017. I was asked to complete a video interview in early January. In mid-January, I had a phone interview with a Noble representative that then invited me to a Noble networking fair in February. I went and I met with my top two schools that I wanted to work for. The process of hearing back from these schools should have been within the next couple of days - one school even said I would hear back the very next day, but it took two and a half weeks. I heard back in early March that three schools were interested in me: one school wanted me to present a 30-minute demo lesson and two schools wanted me to formally interview.

The demo lesson went well, but the interviewers provided me with feedback saying that I should have talked more about myself... what teacher does that in a 30-minute lesson? One of the school's environment seemed very hostile and toxic, so pay attention to the school's administration and the environment when you interview on one of their campuses.

Anyway, I interviewed with three schools in one day. All of the interviews were different, and they asked very direct and interrogating questions. Then, I was told that in exactly two weeks I would know if one school wanted to hire me, two schools wanted to hire me, or all three schools wanted to hire me. At the 2 week mark, I received an email that a decision had not yet been made and my references were still being checked.

After 4 weeks of waiting, I decided to reach out to ask about the status of my application, but they told me that they were still checking my references. One of my references actually reached out to me to ask if I was still interviewing with Noble because they were never contacted. At the 4 week mark, I got multiple emails asking me to start an immediate ELA position at another school that I never heard of, interviewed with, or seemed interested in. I had to decline because of my current position, but I had to decline three separate times because they would not take "no" for an answer.

After saying declining their immediate offer to work at another school, they completely ghosted me. I emailed them 9 weeks after my interview, in May, and they let me know that I was not hired for any of the positions I interviewed for.

In short to my very long interview review, it took 6 months to interview and almost 2 and a half months to know whether I got the job or not. Apply at your own risk.

Interview Questions

• What are three things your biggest critics would say about you and why?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

The process was very straightforward. There was an online application that had some essay questions and you need three references. The next step is phone interviews. The principals were very professional and kind.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Interview with talent team, and then interviews with individual principals. It is based on mutual selection (apparently). The whole process was similar to a major company recruitment

Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Network of Charter Schools.

Interview

Interviewed at several different campuses over 2 days and did a demo lesson, frustrated that I received zero response after such a long interview process. After reaching out to a principal, was offered a position at another campus.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard behavioral questions. Experience working on a team, experience leading etc.   Answer Question