Nokia Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

3.1

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Had first written round based on python programming.
    After that had 3 more technical rounds. Last round was kind of managerial
    At the end of the day they informed that I have cleared the technical round.
    After two days had HR round on phone.
    Got offer letter after 5 days
    Overall a good experience

Interview Questions

• Python basic question eg inheritance, exception handling   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for automation test engineer role in Nokia. The interview took 1 day. First round was written test - consists of 2 papers one related to java was very tough and other related to automation testing. I cleared the first round and next was face to face technical round it was ok not many tough questions all questions were related to selenium and writing Java programs and I answered almost all questions. And the interviewer was not a manager I found he is having only a couple of years of experience. I am very confident that I have answered almost all questions but finally, they said I have not cleared f2f round and they have not told the reason also. At least they would have told my area of drawbacks so that I can improve.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Four Aptitude questions were given to solve in between face-to-face interview. Questions were general. Some networking questions were also asked. Aptitude questions were simple but it requires analytical skills and logic.

Interview Questions

• Functions of different layers of OSI model   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well managed. First round was technical Face to Face. It was conducted by a team of 2. We were asked to wait after the first round. The entire process was completed in a day

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Java(Abstract classes, collections), Restful Webservices and Angular JS   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in total. Two technical (Telephonic and F2F), Hiring Manager Round, Final HR round. Most of the questions were from previous work and my MS thesis. Some basic questions on wireless communications and C programming have been asked. Couple of behavioral questions by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• PHY layer signal processing algorithms and optimization related questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

there was a written test followed by technical round interview.. they asked coding questions.. and puzzels .. like 5ltr and 3ltr jug and required 4 ltrs of water...
    after this there was managerial round ... and hr round...quite easy .. prepare well

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The HR person from Nokia connected with me on LinkedIn and asked me to mail her my resume for a platform software opening. The term 'platform software' has different connotations, as I realized after this experience. While I have been working on a level above kernel, device drivers etc, the folks at Nokia consider platform software as device driver work. This should have been apparent when the engineering manager reviewed the resume before calling me for an interview. The two interviewers who interviewed me were surprised that I was called for an interview. They did ask me general C programming questions, but in the end, I was told that my experience did not fit in with open positions(!).

Interview Questions

• Q. How would I go about choosing data structures for variety of problems?
      Q. What is difference between using a private branch for development vs using rebase?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online test was easy with aptitude+technical questions followed by coding round. The shortlisted candidates were interviewed 3 days after online test. There were 4 rounds, 2 technical 1 HR and last round with Manager.
    All the interviewers were very frank and were very comfortable to talk with. In first round, interviewer asked about the subjects you know and asked to write few programmes. In second interview, 2 interviewers were there and it was like extended version of first round. They were basically checking your coding skills and ability to solve problems. HR round was usual. He was asking about your learning abilities. Last round was with the Manager which was technical+HR.

Interview Questions

• C/C++/Java, Data Structures questions on Linked List etc, Computer Networks   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a weekend drive. I went through a consultancy firm.
    It was a panel of 3 people
    Had a bad experience. Just wanted to highlight those points here.
    1. Interviewers had lack of knowledge on topic. I had applied for C++ profile.
    There were many questions for that they were expecting the answers which they knew but there can be many possible answers, looks like they mugged up and came.
    They were not even clear that virtual function and virtual class are entirely different concept.
    For many questions they wanted to go deep and at the end they were only getting confused.
    2. My profile clearly mentioned that I have developed tools around I-HSS and not worked directly on I-HSS, and I told them this thing clearly many times but one of the panel was so dumb to understand this thing and kept on asking questions from I-HSS to me.
    3. I have given interviews at many places but never experienced that bad hospitality. The same thing I heard from my friends who went along with me that day. No communication nothing after the interview, they just escorted us out and everyone of us was talking about that. I am really not able to put it in words but that was really strange.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Global Hunt and the interview was scheduled within 10 days. It consist of 5 rounds. 2 technical (coding and all), 2 Managerial (explaining there product, processes, requirements etc.) and One HR round which happened later after clearing other rounds.