Nokia Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

Updated May 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well managed. First round was technical Face to Face. It was conducted by a team of 2. We were asked to wait after the first round. The entire process was completed in a day

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Java(Abstract classes, collections), Restful Webservices and Angular JS   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in total. Two technical (Telephonic and F2F), Hiring Manager Round, Final HR round. Most of the questions were from previous work and my MS thesis. Some basic questions on wireless communications and C programming have been asked. Couple of behavioral questions by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• PHY layer signal processing algorithms and optimization related questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

there was a written test followed by technical round interview.. they asked coding questions.. and puzzels .. like 5ltr and 3ltr jug and required 4 ltrs of water...
    after this there was managerial round ... and hr round...quite easy .. prepare well

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The HR person from Nokia connected with me on LinkedIn and asked me to mail her my resume for a platform software opening. The term 'platform software' has different connotations, as I realized after this experience. While I have been working on a level above kernel, device drivers etc, the folks at Nokia consider platform software as device driver work. This should have been apparent when the engineering manager reviewed the resume before calling me for an interview. The two interviewers who interviewed me were surprised that I was called for an interview. They did ask me general C programming questions, but in the end, I was told that my experience did not fit in with open positions(!).

Interview Questions

• Q. How would I go about choosing data structures for variety of problems?
      Q. What is difference between using a private branch for development vs using rebase?

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online test was easy with aptitude+technical questions followed by coding round. The shortlisted candidates were interviewed 3 days after online test. There were 4 rounds, 2 technical 1 HR and last round with Manager.
    All the interviewers were very frank and were very comfortable to talk with. In first round, interviewer asked about the subjects you know and asked to write few programmes. In second interview, 2 interviewers were there and it was like extended version of first round. They were basically checking your coding skills and ability to solve problems. HR round was usual. He was asking about your learning abilities. Last round was with the Manager which was technical+HR.

Interview Questions

• C/C++/Java, Data Structures questions on Linked List etc, Computer Networks   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a weekend drive. I went through a consultancy firm.
    It was a panel of 3 people
    Had a bad experience. Just wanted to highlight those points here.
    1. Interviewers had lack of knowledge on topic. I had applied for C++ profile.
    There were many questions for that they were expecting the answers which they knew but there can be many possible answers, looks like they mugged up and came.
    They were not even clear that virtual function and virtual class are entirely different concept.
    For many questions they wanted to go deep and at the end they were only getting confused.
    2. My profile clearly mentioned that I have developed tools around I-HSS and not worked directly on I-HSS, and I told them this thing clearly many times but one of the panel was so dumb to understand this thing and kept on asking questions from I-HSS to me.
    3. I have given interviews at many places but never experienced that bad hospitality. The same thing I heard from my friends who went along with me that day. No communication nothing after the interview, they just escorted us out and everyone of us was talking about that. I am really not able to put it in words but that was really strange.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Global Hunt and the interview was scheduled within 10 days. It consist of 5 rounds. 2 technical (coding and all), 2 Managerial (explaining there product, processes, requirements etc.) and One HR round which happened later after clearing other rounds.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Nice expierence with first round of written (c, os, n/w), then technical interview(concept oriented), mr, hr. This comlete process took arround 15 days. Totaly 80 guys came out of which 8selected

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

4 rounds of interview
    first & second - technical
    Third-Manager
    Fourth-HR
    Interview process was as per planned.
    It was more of checking if hands on experience is there in telecom domain or not.
    Overall it was satisfactory experience.

Interview Questions

• Related with projects , java & related technologies.Telecom domain fundamentals.
      Details about various projects especially related with Telecom.
      Java multithreading, java collections, some algoritms, Exception handling.
      Servlet life cycle, session managements, jsp lifecycle. Design patterns.
      Singleton , Factory , strategy , Three tier architecture,Model view Controller Architecture.
      Role expectations, salary Expetations.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was three technical rounds, one HR round.
    Technical round happened on the same day, HR round was on phone after few days.
    Each round took around appx 1hr except HR round.
    Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• First round:
      1. Question based on LTE architecture
      2. Related to my current project.
      3. OOPS design and multi threading related questions.

Second round:
      1. Asked to write code on paper.
      2. Questions related to linked list iteration and tree. Asked to sort a array and write the code for the same.
      3. Question related to STL functions and algos.
      3. Socket programming related questions.