Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview came out of the blue two months after applying. It was a well structured interview, they have a clear set of attributes that want in a candidate.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening with HR manager
    2. On-Site interview with 5 other people, including two staffs, Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and HR Manager.
    3. It took a month to see the result. Unfortunately, I didn't get the offer, but it was a great experience overall. Everyone at the site was very professional and treated me so well. Nokia definitely seemed to be a great place to work for.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was told by both the external and internal recruiter that I was "perfect" for this job. Had a great interview with the hiring manager, and was subsequently ghosted on by the internal recruiter....only to find out the position had been filled. I had to send two emails to the internal recruiter, two emails + a voicemail to the external recruiter in order to get an answer.

IP/Optical Network Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted through email about a phone interview after I had applied through my college career fair. The interview lasted for 30-40 minutes and the questions were based on Operating System concepts, Computer networking concepts and basic programming questions. The interviewer then explained about the company and the team that I am interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Difference between TCP and UDP
      Q: What is a semaphore?
      Q: How to detect a loop in a linked list?
      Q: Different types of sort algorithms and pseudocodes
      Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Saw job on linkedin and applied thru company site. They emailed in a few days saying the talent acquisition & hiring manager both really liked my cv so they want a phone interview which led to in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my academic research while they were very secretive about the project(s) they wanted to hire me for   Answer Question

Member of Research Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (New Providence, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Bell Lab researcher - 1 hour of presentation followed by 8~11 individual interviews. Each interview has about 1 hour long discussion with technical staffs. During the presentation, it is required to present projects during the PhD. It is very intensive and many questions are given to the presenter.

As for 1-on-1 interview, you are required to have at least one hour discussion with the researchers or the VPs. Each one will ask you about the projects you have done or a couple of questions that they want to know. Overall, the questions are dependent on whom you will meet.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter -> 30 min phone interview with Sr. Manager of PMO -> Back to back 30 Mins in person interview with 4 people (Total 2 hours). Program Manager, Product Manager, IT Delivery Manager and Sr Manager of PMO.

Telecommunications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

University recruitment. It was a Skype interview with 3 employees of different divisions. Lasted about an hour. Very nice people. Behavioral Interview. They go over your resume so be sure to highlight and explain what you have there really well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my hobbies and or what I did on my free time.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

This was an interview for an internal position. My manager set up the interview for an account team position. I arrived in the area of the interviewing manager and had to hunt him down. We then went to a break out room, which is a small room with glass walls and little privacy. I walked away with the impression that my 15 years of experience with Motorola was detrimental. I did not receive any feed back or response post-interview. I emailed the manager and also asked coworkers to ask him about my opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with TDD LTE?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Phone Interview about technical stuff and projects worked on. Started off talking about phones and what can be improved. Make sure you are thinking outside the box and be prepared to answer scenario questions relative to your major.