Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Technical Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

1-hour meeting with the eventual manager and her assistant in a large board room. Fairly relaxed and was very conversational. Since the lead was through a staffing agency that pre-screens people before submissions I felt this was more of a conversation to gauge my personality. Her dept was small so personality mattered.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about computer technical skills and attitude regarding graphic details. Some questions regarding work style and personal management style.   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an introduction describing the project, it's goals and working environment.
    After that there was the technical part that consisted of basic questions regarding OOP in C++ and STL. There were also lower level questions related to C++ standards rationales or details related to CPU architecture and some pitfalls. There were no questions chcking the way of thinking, algorythmic or analytical skills, orientation in design patterns and OOP practices. Nothing about modern good programming methodologies/practices as well.
    At the end there was a time for interviewee questions that were answered with details and engagement. It appears they do want to apply recommended pracices (for example TDD, pair programming) but don't have people with such experience.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use for 2 million integers that would be inserted and the beginning and then searched many times.   1 Answer

ENB Summer Verification Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was a short phone interview regarding interests and questions about my resume/experiences. Second interview was over skype, with mostly behavioral/project questions and a few simple technical ones. Overall very relaxed and pleasant experience, no negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a decision given limited information.   1 Answer

Interview

4 rounds of interviews with team member, manager, manager's manager. Phonecall and face to face. Professional and friendly people. Questions are asked with an emphasis to check whether you fit Nokia Values and culture.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Interview Process + Job related   2 Answers

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening with HR manager
    2. On-Site interview with 5 other people, including two staffs, Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and HR Manager.
    3. It took a month to see the result. Unfortunately, I didn't get the offer, but it was a great experience overall. Everyone at the site was very professional and treated me so well. Nokia definitely seemed to be a great place to work for.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was told by both the external and internal recruiter that I was "perfect" for this job. Had a great interview with the hiring manager, and was subsequently ghosted on by the internal recruiter....only to find out the position had been filled. I had to send two emails to the internal recruiter, two emails + a voicemail to the external recruiter in order to get an answer.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

First I had phone interview via cell phone and after that I had f2f interview in Nokia office. Several engineers from different teams tested me and then head of devices interviewed me.

Project Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Very short, only one phone interview with the direct manager. I had applied online a couple weeks earlier and got an email from an HR recruiter asking to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me the highlights in the time span of a couple minutes   1 Answer

IP/Optical Network Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted through email about a phone interview after I had applied through my college career fair. The interview lasted for 30-40 minutes and the questions were based on Operating System concepts, Computer networking concepts and basic programming questions. The interviewer then explained about the company and the team that I am interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Difference between TCP and UDP
      Q: What is a semaphore?
      Q: How to detect a loop in a linked list?
      Q: Different types of sort algorithms and pseudocodes
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Very brief, like most companies the questions attempted to learn about candidates behavior
    Questions on past work experience and current education.

Since the position involved both project management and technical capabilities, the recruiter asked few scenario and case based question and asked me to explain the best possible way to solve the same.

Interview Questions

• Share your roles and responsibilities from your past work experience   1 Answer