Nokia Principal/Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Principal/Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Burlington, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screens consisted of general review of past projects, technologies, etc. that seemed related to the job description. Followed up with in-person interview with two different groups and two different interviewing styles.

The first group was much more data structure and algorithm oriented. Big "O" questions, recursive algorithms, tree search (depth and breadth) , etc. done at the whiteboard. Professional but adversarial feel to these interviews.

The second group was much more "experience" oriented. Concentrated on the what/how/why questions of previous projects. Still did some whiteboard work, but mostly for design/implementation diagrams. Professional and much less adversarial than former group. Got the feeling they were much more interested in hiring smart people that could adapt to change.

Interview Questions

• Write recursive breath and depth tree listing methods. Constraints were no use of explicit arrays, queues, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the salary and work environment was better than previous position. I took the job with the second group basically because of the group dynamics.