Nokia R&D ENGINEER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

3.1

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Arlington Heights, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview where your asked about your background (school, classes, projects, etc.). The manager talks to you first at the in person interview and tells you about the group. Then the team members you could be potentially working ask about your experience, show you the lab, and ask technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. The offer was what I wanted and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call and in-person interview.
    HR and managers have been very nice and friendly.
    Interview procedure was quite smooth but take around 1 month time.
    Interviewer asked job role specific questions which were mostly LTE related. Questions also based on wireshark and other tools knowledge. The interviewer knows what he is asking and tries to understand your responses.

Interview Questions

• Specific to technology
      LTE air interface questions
      Tools related (ie wireshark, QXDM)   Answer Question

R & D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

It will take 3 or 4 technical interview rounds, one on phone, then if you get selected then video conference,then telephonic manager's round,then HR, most of the questions asked from GSM layer 1. My interview has taken more time because I was in Gurgaon but for local candidate it will take only one day.

Interview Questions

• Tx, Rx chain, c questions they have asked,they also asked me about fixed point coding, and gsm technology specific questions like MO and MT call flow they asked,they also asked me questions about DSP architecture   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in total. Two technical (Telephonic and F2F), Hiring Manager Round, Final HR round. Most of the questions were from previous work and my MS thesis. Some basic questions on wireless communications and C programming have been asked. Couple of behavioral questions by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• PHY layer signal processing algorithms and optimization related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Nice expierence with first round of written (c, os, n/w), then technical interview(concept oriented), mr, hr. This comlete process took arround 15 days. Totaly 80 guys came out of which 8selected

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was three technical rounds, one HR round.
    Technical round happened on the same day, HR round was on phone after few days.
    Each round took around appx 1hr except HR round.
    Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• First round:
      1. Question based on LTE architecture
      2. Related to my current project.
      3. OOPS design and multi threading related questions.

Second round:
      1. Asked to write code on paper.
      2. Questions related to linked list iteration and tree. Asked to sort a array and write the code for the same.
      3. Question related to STL functions and algos.
      3. Socket programming related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was the Online Technical Round which had 6 questions for 3 Hours. Upon selection was the Face-to-Face Technical Round during which i was asked some basic OOPS concepts and Few Definitions. The Next Round was Managerial Round which tests for Personality and Human Behavior subjected to various situations. And the final round was the HR round.

Overall the process was good but took lot of effort in the first round. The other rounds were greeted by warm people and the interview was smooth and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• OOPs concepts, String related operations etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I couldn't do any negotiation as the HR assured me the best CTC in the industry and which was delivered.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was for R & D engineer. had two technical one manager round. HR round telephonic round. one technical round was telephonic and other two were taken face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• the interview question were based on networking,linux,python.
      most of the question were asked on linux and bit of troubleshooting.
      Basic knowledge is tested and problem solving skills.
      puzzle was asked of 10 candle take one hour to burn and calculating time of 45 min   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to NOKIA NETWORKS office. There were 3 rounds in total. Technical- They asked me rate me in C JAVA. I rated as 7 & 8.5 respectively. Questions in this round was simple.They just want to see whether your basics are clear not.Overall easy.

Second round was the managerial round. I thought this round again would be something like technical round but in this round the person explained the SCM (Software Configuration Management) process which i will be doing if i get selected. He asked me that you are specialized in c , java but we will not be doing any anything in that. I explained that my motto is to learn and grow and language doesn't matter much. He was satisfied .

Then comes the HR round . I thought I was going to be the easiest round of all. But it turned out to be the most difficult one. He asked me why do you ant to switch the company. I said that we are working on 10 year old project and i am not able to learn. I really create the conflict. He said even we are working on a 12 year project. I tried to convince him but he does not seem to be convinced.Then he asked me do you get angry . Do people get angry with you. Basically I want to say that be not always truthful to your answers. Try to say what the HR wants to listen. I said what I feel was true, but if I have said what they want to listen from me, I would have made it. So do practice hr questions before you go to this company interview..

At last , the people there were good , but they don't value you time. so be prepared to spend your whole day at their office as there will be a lot of gap between the subsequent rounds

Interview Questions

• Storage Classes in C, WAP to check if a no. is palindrome or not, OOPS Concept, Intefaces vs Abstract Classes, use of public static in psvm, swap two no's without using third variable((expalined all the three methods ), structure of c program and java program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

-> Shortlised through Hackerearth hiring challenge as a Fresher.
    -> After two weeks , F2F Interviews happened at Nokia office.
    -> Onsite Interview: 2 Face to Face Technical and 1 Managerial + Technical Interview.
    ->After about a month, Telephonic HR interview happened, discussions about Why Nokia, Salary, Normal HR stuff.
    -> A few days after HR call, got an offer letter from Nokia!
    -> Onsite Interview rounds are done within a day.

Interview Questions

• -> Coding Questions were Based on Basic Data Structures, Strings, DP and Math programming

-> On-site interviews F2F:
      Questions were focused on Data Structures, C++, Object oriented concepts, Coding ability, Problem solving   Answer Question