Nokia R&D Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

3.1

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Arlington Heights, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview where your asked about your background (school, classes, projects, etc.). The manager talks to you first at the in person interview and tells you about the group. Then the team members you could be potentially working ask about your experience, show you the lab, and ask technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. The offer was what I wanted and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call and in-person interview.
    HR and managers have been very nice and friendly.
    Interview procedure was quite smooth but take around 1 month time.
    Interviewer asked job role specific questions which were mostly LTE related. Questions also based on wireshark and other tools knowledge. The interviewer knows what he is asking and tries to understand your responses.

Interview Questions

• Specific to technology
      LTE air interface questions
      Tools related (ie wireshark, QXDM)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Technical Interview:
         They were looking for a c/c++ programmer, so the questions were only about basic c syntax. It started with data types(primitive, derived & user defined). Then while discussing structures they also asked about bit fields and memory allocation for structure and union. Then moved on to data structures. Then we had a brief discussion on sorting algorithms and at the end they asked me to give the truth table for XNOR gate and example for contradiction. End some situation based questions.

HR Interview:
          In HR interview, HR briefly discussed about the profile and company.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Mysore (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Nokia recruitment was a pool campus recruitment. It consisted of 3 rounds; Aptitude test, Technical Round, HR round.
    The aptitude test was conducted by ASPIRING MINDS (AMCAT) and consisted of five sections : Technical( OS, C++,C , DATA STRUCTURES), QUANTS, VERBAL, LOGICAL AND PROGRAMMING (C++ OR JAVA). AMCAT is a question adaptive test. So for me , the level of difficulty kept increasing. For aptitude, please refer to RS Agarwal, Indiabix , geek monkey.
    36 students out of 200 were shortlisted for further procedures . The interview was pool campus ( my college and another college). In total , 65 students were interviewed . During the technical interview , ALGORITHMS, DATA STRUCTURES( LINKED LISTS AND TREES) AND C++ questions were asked for me . Questions vary depending on your resume . So make sure you know everything in your resume .HR was simple. Overall, a very good experience. Be strong in your basics.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions : Find prime numbers from 2 to N
      check if the number of brackets are valid (USE STACKS)   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Two sets of technical exam. First exam is multiple choice and includes concepts and code output type of exam. Secong exam is pure coding. Interview includes programming questions and concepts

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Had first written round based on python programming.
    After that had 3 more technical rounds. Last round was kind of managerial
    At the end of the day they informed that I have cleared the technical round.
    After two days had HR round on phone.
    Got offer letter after 5 days
    Overall a good experience

Interview Questions

• Python basic question eg inheritance, exception handling   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nokia (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in July 2017.

Interview

After more that a month, I still have not received the results of my last interview. I'm not sure if I will still hear from them.

1. Technical Exam, was given a set of problems and tasked to create a written code
    2. After 2 weeks, Technical interview. Just like a follow up to the technical exam to test your overall skills
    3. After 2 weeks, Behavioral Interview, or HR interview. No technical questions here, just on how to would react to certain situations.

R & D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in July 2017.

Interview

1 hour written test on c/c++ and after a long wait a technical interview, managerial round and hr in one day. It took morning to evening to complete the process

Interview Questions

• optimized memory allocation for matrix   Answer Question
    • friend classes, number is 2^n or not, 2threads in a class should run sequentially, malloc should return 2^n bytes of memory   Answer Question
    • process and thread difference, bit shifting in a number, virtual concepts in c++, Singleton clasd   Answer Question

R & D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

It will take 3 or 4 technical interview rounds, one on phone, then if you get selected then video conference,then telephonic manager's round,then HR, most of the questions asked from GSM layer 1. My interview has taken more time because I was in Gurgaon but for local candidate it will take only one day.

Interview Questions

• Tx, Rx chain, c questions they have asked,they also asked me about fixed point coding, and gsm technology specific questions like MO and MT call flow they asked,they also asked me questions about DSP architecture   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in total. Two technical (Telephonic and F2F), Hiring Manager Round, Final HR round. Most of the questions were from previous work and my MS thesis. Some basic questions on wireless communications and C programming have been asked. Couple of behavioral questions by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• PHY layer signal processing algorithms and optimization related questions   Answer Question