Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Detailed process. Recruiter, HR, Hiring Manager involved and provided clear role expectations. Ample time provided to discuss past experience , what an an incumbent I look forward to in the opportunity, what Nokia offers.

Member of Research Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (New Providence, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Bell Lab researcher - 1 hour of presentation followed by 8~11 individual interviews. Each interview has about 1 hour long discussion with technical staffs. During the presentation, it is required to present projects during the PhD. It is very intensive and many questions are given to the presenter.

As for 1-on-1 interview, you are required to have at least one hour discussion with the researchers or the VPs. Each one will ask you about the projects you have done or a couple of questions that they want to know. Overall, the questions are dependent on whom you will meet.

R&D Engineer (Core Java) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process includes 3 rounds
    1)Technical round, which includes Pure core java and algorithms in deep concepts
    2) Technical Manager round, business use case scenarios, logics
    3) Hr round

Interview Questions

• Print repeated numbers in array
      Generics class loading
      Sorting algorithms
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered more than I expected

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (White Plains, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Being interviewed

Interview Questions

• If I was going to stay or get married and move away   1 Answer

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, Fill out forms on web (they require current salary in form. put in $1.00 and tell HR rep "I don't give out that information... Here is what I want") Finally on site interview panel and then about 1-2 weeks before offer. Panel can be very tough.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to code on the black board. Be ready to talk about your past accomplishments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2009.

Interview

After an internet application which included a few profile questions, I got a call for face-to-face interview with the head of the area.The interview was very detailed and lasted about an hour and a half. Some questions explored my previous experience focusing on challenges overcome and results attained, while others were more the "what-if" kind, presenting hypothetical situations within the context of the company and job in point for me to develop a strategy, sketch an action plan, prioritize etc. There were also behavioral questions, mainly to evaluate my ability to manage and deal with people.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your currently successful consultant job for this opportunity?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2009.

Interview

2 Panel Interviews - Situational Interview

Interview Questions

• Please explain your greatest failure and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation - a tiny bit of flexibility.

Core Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in October 2008.

Interview

One day assessment center with simulation games, iq test and a lot of discussions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2010.

Interview

Mostly the interviewers were super-friendly and extremely relaxed. Also the manager people I talked to were really professional and relaxed. It seemed like a good company to work at. Downsides were the heavy math questions, if you thought Google interviews were tough, think again! Then there were IQ puzzles, and writing code on a chartboard 10 hours long with different interviewers. A few of them seemed a bit too nerdy and too cocky for my taste. By the time they asked me to iterate in 4 lines through a matrix I knew I blew it. Another downside was, that half of the people I was scheduled to talk with, did not show up and they made me wait 1,5 hours for my first interview. Overall a good impression of a firm that sells wiretapping software to Iran to infiltrate Iranian Twitter and Facebook Users. Sorry had to be said.

Interview Questions

• Name an efficient sorting algorithm for an object that contains numbers and other objects.   1 Answer

Pre Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long. Usually 7 Interviews with various folks. Then HR. Followed by an apparent verbal offer. Then HR try and negotiate your package down. Many weeks goes by and no news. Finally you phone them and they say its stuck in the process. End to End 6 months from verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult situation you faced with a customer and how did you deal with that situation ?   Answer Question