Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Customer Solution Manager Interview

Interview

First interview with HR. Than a Panel interview with 3-5 interviewers including local country director, account manager, care manger...different people from different part of the organisation with whom you are going to collaborate on daily base. No technical questions were asked. The interview was mostly behavioral: Why do you want to work here, Do you work well under pressure, salary expectations

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called to set up a date for the interview. Interviewed the next week. Panel interview with 3 interviewers. No technical questions were asked. The interview was mostly behavioral. They said they would contact with a decision either way. It's been months, never got an acceptance call or a rejection email.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Was approached by recruiter a week after applying online. Set up an interview, then the hiring manager. Everyone seemed nice enough. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was invited on-site at the Chicago HQ.

The interview was okay, nothing really unexpected. But one of the interviewers started talking a conflict he had with another co-worker and that they were the position opened up... awkward.

After that, complete silence for 2 weeks. Finally, after multiple e-mails to the recruiter, he said something like they wanted someone with "better presentation skills". Not sure what to make of that. He also said no-one else was hired despite many people interviewing.

I'm not sure what they're trying to do out there. But just "scoping the market" and wasting people's time without a follow-up of any kind is extremely unprofessional. Awful experience

Interview Questions

• nothing technical or unexpected   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in May 2014.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was very smooth. It took roughly 2 weeks. First I received a call from one of the representative asking basic background question then he schedule a panel interview the following week. There were 3 engineers and one HR person in the room. Everyone was very casual and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• One technical question that I remembered was that they asked me to explain the physical process of how our phone transfer data (our voice) to another phone.   1 Answer

Cost and Progress Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

A very long interview process, two interviewers, one on the phone, one in person in the room. But the interview process is for legal purposes, for HR reasons. The management already picked out the hiring candidate, prior to all interviews was started.

Interview Questions

• Very tough questions to be faced with   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia in January 2014.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen: 2 weeks after application submitted
    Phone Interview with would-be supervisor
    Onsite Interview: with four senior managers

Follow-up: None. No email, phone call, or contact after in-person interview. No reimbursement for expenses incurred to travel and stay for onsite interview ($400+).

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Dialogue: Despite having gone through two phone screenings where I was told that my qualifications were extremely unique and very well-suited to the position, one of the senior managers interviewing me onsite used the interview time to tell me that I was not qualified for the position and accused me of lying on my resume. Additionally, he argued with me over each answer I gave to a question, even if the question/answer was opinion-based. (Example: Name a product you love and an improvement you'd make right away. When I answered, I was told that my "improvement" was wrong even though the interviewer had not heard of the product in my example.)

Unexpected Administrative Behavior: When the onsite interview was set-up, I was told that I'd be required to pay for my travel expenses and hotel up-front and that during my onsite interview, I'd be given reimbursement forms to fill-out and submit.
           *No forms were issued during my interview, so I had to follow-up with an email request.
           *I submitted the forms to the HR Assistant who set-up the onsite interview.
           *When I did not hear back from the HR Assistant or receive a reimbursement check after several weeks, I emailed to check on the status. Email bounced back, "user unknown".
           *When I emailed the HR Lead to check on the reimbursement status after email bounce-back, I received no response.
           *I still have not received a reimbursement check (over 2 months since onsite interview).
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a in-person interview. It took a week to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most question were not technical, rather behavioral or logical.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

find opening postion using job search tool to submit all personal information such as work experience, education history. 1st did the phone interview then move to face to fae interview.

Interview Questions

• It's probably about introducing personal history with some critical situation to see how I try to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

1phone call and 2 onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• asked mostly about data structures and java related questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews