Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Saw job on linkedin and applied thru company site. They emailed in a few days saying the talent acquisition & hiring manager both really liked my cv so they want a phone interview which led to in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my academic research while they were very secretive about the project(s) they wanted to hire me for   Answer Question

Member of Research Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (New Providence, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Bell Lab researcher - 1 hour of presentation followed by 8~11 individual interviews. Each interview has about 1 hour long discussion with technical staffs. During the presentation, it is required to present projects during the PhD. It is very intensive and many questions are given to the presenter.

As for 1-on-1 interview, you are required to have at least one hour discussion with the researchers or the VPs. Each one will ask you about the projects you have done or a couple of questions that they want to know. Overall, the questions are dependent on whom you will meet.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

phone interview twice and ask me some questions based on resume and project. They asked me knowledge about network and some behavior questions. The whole progress lasted for a month and at last I got the offer

Interview Questions

• what is the port number of HTTp   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

1 telephonic round followed by 3 to 4 rounds of tech discussions in person majorly focused on OS, Networking, basic data structures, programming. followed by a HR interview. If you are good in LTE concepts will be a great value add.

Interview Questions

• OS, C, C++, Networking and telecommunication related questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

I got a call after few weeks of applying to the position, I was selected for an interview that took place a week after. I went to the interview were I was interview by 5 engineers and management at the same time. It was very relax and organized.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were personality questions plus school projects experience   1 Answer

Interview

Quick and to the point. I met with 3 or 4 people for one round for about 1 hour. The questions asked were not that difficult. I was asked about my background and quizzed on Nokia's history. I was offered the position shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Nokia   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Referred through a friend while I was still at school. Submitted by resume and then had a phone interview within a week. Following that, I was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of three software engineers and two managers. After the interviews, I was notified of the results in about two weeks.

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and then on-site interview of 1 hour each with 5 members including one bar raiser. . During on-site interview, Hiring manager didn't even remember what was my current role as i believe he was confused between candidates. His energy level and interest was very low in interviewing. I was surprised to receive an offer but didn't accept it as i wasn't sure if i would enjoy working in his team. I might reapply but not in the same team.

Process was very transparent.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions about Amazon's Leadership principles especially customer obsession. How to improve XYZ product. What's your favorite Amazon product. Follow up questions to check level of detail.
      Have you ever created something unique ? What's the most innovative thing you have done ?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter -> 30 min phone interview with Sr. Manager of PMO -> Back to back 30 Mins in person interview with 4 people (Total 2 hours). Program Manager, Product Manager, IT Delivery Manager and Sr Manager of PMO.

Specialist Interview

Interview

telephonic , face to face , HR , technical round was about 45 mins and then immediately there was HR round done . No wastage of time .
    Questions were specifically from the industry.