Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

This was an interview for an internal position. My manager set up the interview for an account team position. I arrived in the area of the interviewing manager and had to hunt him down. We then went to a break out room, which is a small room with glass walls and little privacy. I walked away with the impression that my 15 years of experience with Motorola was detrimental. I did not receive any feed back or response post-interview. I emailed the manager and also asked coworkers to ask him about my opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with TDD LTE?   1 Answer

Ecosystem Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nokia (Fresno, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Referred by an employee 2. Applied using their taleo recruitment platform 3. Had a call with hiring manager and n+2 4. Follow-up call to discuss offer 5. Received and accepted offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview, offer. It took a little time from when I had applied to when I heard from them. After that it was pretty quick. Phone interview on day and then they set up an in person interview for the next week. Offer came a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They had a bunch of brain teaser type questions like if you are in a lake on a boat with a rock and you throw the rock in the water, what will happen to the water level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Phone Interview about technical stuff and projects worked on. Started off talking about phones and what can be improved. Make sure you are thinking outside the box and be prepared to answer scenario questions relative to your major.

Customer Solution Manager Interview

Interview

First interview with HR. Than a Panel interview with 3-5 interviewers including local country director, account manager, care manger...different people from different part of the organisation with whom you are going to collaborate on daily base. No technical questions were asked. The interview was mostly behavioral: Why do you want to work here, Do you work well under pressure, salary expectations

RF Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about a week and a half later. It was a panel interview with two interviewers. They went over my resume and asked a few technical questions. About a week later, I was given another interview but this time it was face-to-face. It consisted of two back to back one hour panel interviews with three interviewers each. Both interviews were mostly technical going over RF circuit design fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that difficult if you perused through any RF book. The questions were conceptual and a little bit analytical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called to set up a date for the interview. Interviewed the next week. Panel interview with 3 interviewers. No technical questions were asked. The interview was mostly behavioral. They said they would contact with a decision either way. It's been months, never got an acceptance call or a rejection email.

Telecom Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a 4 on 1 interview on location. The questions were soft skills. It was really relaxed and everyone was very nice. Be prepared to talk about yourself and ask questions. They seemed to like engaging questions.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Was approached by recruiter a week after applying online. Set up an interview, then the hiring manager. Everyone seemed nice enough. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was invited on-site at the Chicago HQ.

The interview was okay, nothing really unexpected. But one of the interviewers started talking a conflict he had with another co-worker and that they were the position opened up... awkward.

After that, complete silence for 2 weeks. Finally, after multiple e-mails to the recruiter, he said something like they wanted someone with "better presentation skills". Not sure what to make of that. He also said no-one else was hired despite many people interviewing.

I'm not sure what they're trying to do out there. But just "scoping the market" and wasting people's time without a follow-up of any kind is extremely unprofessional. Awful experience

Interview Questions

• nothing technical or unexpected   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in May 2014.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was very smooth. It took roughly 2 weeks. First I received a call from one of the representative asking basic background question then he schedule a panel interview the following week. There were 3 engineers and one HR person in the room. Everyone was very casual and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• One technical question that I remembered was that they asked me to explain the physical process of how our phone transfer data (our voice) to another phone.   1 Answer