Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Cost and Progress Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

A very long interview process, two interviewers, one on the phone, one in person in the room. But the interview process is for legal purposes, for HR reasons. The management already picked out the hiring candidate, prior to all interviews was started.

Interview Questions

• Very tough questions to be faced with   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Process started as with any company basic screening by Human Resources. Deeper dive around key responsibilities for the position covered in secondary interviews with two separate potential peers. Direct and level up management interviews followed. Offer presented by HR 3 days after final interview with no negotiation possible.

Interview Questions

• How will you solve X problem. While some basic information was presented for the current challenge, it was in broad strokes that were too open to draw a specific course of action. When asking for additional information none was available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation policy for that group.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

You will talk to HR and then later to a hiring manager. The interview will be drastically different based on the position and the hiring manager. Personality and past experience will be most important factors. I havent heard of any sort of testing but possibly for a developer type position.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

it done by an Agency who is responsible for hiring, in every country Nokia hast this contributing to recruit

Interview Questions

• Not Hard-just self believe and be technical are enough   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Interview

Based on getting a referral from someone internal. No interview was necessary.

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia in January 2014.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen: 2 weeks after application submitted
    Phone Interview with would-be supervisor
    Onsite Interview: with four senior managers

Follow-up: None. No email, phone call, or contact after in-person interview. No reimbursement for expenses incurred to travel and stay for onsite interview ($400+).

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Dialogue: Despite having gone through two phone screenings where I was told that my qualifications were extremely unique and very well-suited to the position, one of the senior managers interviewing me onsite used the interview time to tell me that I was not qualified for the position and accused me of lying on my resume. Additionally, he argued with me over each answer I gave to a question, even if the question/answer was opinion-based. (Example: Name a product you love and an improvement you'd make right away. When I answered, I was told that my "improvement" was wrong even though the interviewer had not heard of the product in my example.)

Unexpected Administrative Behavior: When the onsite interview was set-up, I was told that I'd be required to pay for my travel expenses and hotel up-front and that during my onsite interview, I'd be given reimbursement forms to fill-out and submit.
           *No forms were issued during my interview, so I had to follow-up with an email request.
           *I submitted the forms to the HR Assistant who set-up the onsite interview.
           *When I did not hear back from the HR Assistant or receive a reimbursement check after several weeks, I emailed to check on the status. Email bounced back, "user unknown".
           *When I emailed the HR Lead to check on the reimbursement status after email bounce-back, I received no response.
           *I still have not received a reimbursement check (over 2 months since onsite interview).
      Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by 3-4 people on separate occasions. It took them nearly 3 months to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. It was the basic interview. My hiring boss did ask some creative idea type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were willing to negotiate on vacation days

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a in-person interview. It took a week to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most question were not technical, rather behavioral or logical.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

I got a phone call from the project manager I was supposed to work on. He described the project and asked me if I could perform the required duties. I was recommended to the project

Interview Questions

• I had no questions, since the manager knew me before and trusted my expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary negociations through an intermediary consulting agency.. via email exchange

Software Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied at school job fair. Got a phone screen first, then an on-site interview with a group of about 8 potential interns. They had C/C++ tests, behavioral questions. Got selected within a week of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• The C/C++ test. At the time, it was like a college midterm.   Answer Question