Nokia Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Product Manager Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia in January 2014.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen: 2 weeks after application submitted
Phone Interview with would-be supervisor
Onsite Interview: with four senior managers

Follow-up: None. No email, phone call, or contact after in-person interview. No reimbursement for expenses incurred to travel and stay for onsite interview ($400+).

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Dialogue: Despite having gone through two phone screenings where I was told that my qualifications were extremely unique and very well-suited to the position, one of the senior managers interviewing me onsite used the interview time to tell me that I was not qualified for the position and accused me of lying on my resume. Additionally, he argued with me over each answer I gave to a question, even if the question/answer was opinion-based. (Example: Name a product you love and an improvement you'd make right away. When I answered, I was told that my "improvement" was wrong even though the interviewer had not heard of the product in my example.)

Unexpected Administrative Behavior: When the onsite interview was set-up, I was told that I'd be required to pay for my travel expenses and hotel up-front and that during my onsite interview, I'd be given reimbursement forms to fill-out and submit.
         *No forms were issued during my interview, so I had to follow-up with an email request.
         *I submitted the forms to the HR Assistant who set-up the onsite interview.
         *When I did not hear back from the HR Assistant or receive a reimbursement check after several weeks, I emailed to check on the status. Email bounced back, "user unknown".
         *When I emailed the HR Lead to check on the reimbursement status after email bounce-back, I received no response.
         *I still have not received a reimbursement check (over 2 months since onsite interview).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2014.

Interview

A full day of interviews with no real coordination between interviewers. I was asked the same questions 3 or 4 times. It seemed quite pointless and I didn't think wasting the time of all these employees was necessary. This could have easily been just with one at most two people who would work directly with me rather than the six people I met with.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Noida (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

A perfect mix of technical and presales. In other comoanies I have seen either they dont ask any thibg about technology or they keep on asking only technicals which is not required in sales profile

Interview Questions

• Technicals of telecoms and pricing   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2010.

Interview

Well organized process, interviews with HR and line manager. Not longer than 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short and low level of flexibility.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2009.

Interview

so its a Matrix Organisation, so first interview was with my local functional manager... then after a week with line manager who was based elsewhere. after interview at that time we had a full day of assessment... which would be to assess how you worked with complete strangers ( other job applicants for other roles in the company) personality evaluation and problem solving skills. finally an offer if you get selected

Interview Questions

• most difficult question was : if it was possible to achieve both Value and Volume market share simultaneously   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much as they have a salary bracket for each role... and they cannot move much.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (New Delhi (India)) in December 2008.

Interview

Spoke to my line manager first, second spoke to local manager

Negotiation

ok

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (New Delhi (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of one on one with two interviewers in the room. Discussion was business oriented and technical

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ulm, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Ulm, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in June 2008.

Interview

Application, Interview, Second Interview, Salary negotiation,,