Nokia RF Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia RF Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three people who work on three different parts of RF within the RnD group. They asked me a wide array of questions involving RF and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with wireless infrastructure?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I went through a phone interview first and then got a second in person I interview. The phone interview was technical but the in person interview was way more technical. I was always answering questions on the board about different circuits and they asked me questions about Smith charts as well.

Interview Questions

• Frequency response of different electronic components.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in March 2009.

Interview

That was not very well organized

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

- After applying, got an application form to fill about my university courses. Then was invited to a full assessment day.
    - Assessment day included briefing by HR and hiring manager (one hour), technical interview (one hour), HR interview (half hour) and a group exercise (one hour)
    - Tech interview had a set of questions on paper about smith chart, gain stages, multi strip lines and layout. Also, was asked about CV and background.
    - Given an offer after a week

Interview Questions

• Standard questions really. Nothing to catch you off-guard   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as offer was what I had asked for.

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

It will be three round or most often two rounds of technical interview followed by HR Discussion. The Technical rounds depends on the project or sometimes in general which is very rare. Good understanding of concepts is very important. Basics is all what you need.

Interview Questions

• The troubleshooting in protocol layers is the most difficult part   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not much there to be negotiated.

Application

Interview

Interview was conducted on phone. Was asked to explain everything from my resume. Difficulty level:medium

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)) in July 2012.

Interview

Sent my resume and got the position. No hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in May 2012.

Interview

Online application with CV, Photograph and your professor's forwarding and recommendation letter. Then they will evaluate your CGPA, experience, concentration of study. Then they will e-mail you, also contact you in your cell-phone. Then they will call up you for a written test. If you succeed then they will give a nod to present yourself in an oral interview and presentation. Presentation will be based on your knowledge of telecommunication industry and its latest trends and developments.

Interview Questions

• What is the cost of upgrading a telecom network of 500000 subscribers from GSM to 3G technology?   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Warsaw (Poland)) in December 2011.

Interview

Comprehensive questioning about my skills related to the position offered. The interviewer was a Team Leader, prospective direct supervisor, the skills sought matched very good my profile. The position they have opened was for RF Engineer - contractor with fixed term length.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you're a manager/team leader, and you face the following problem..........   2 Answers

low salary

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2011.

Interview

phone call first, then face to face. After screening and interviewing each candidate, the selection board scores and ranks each one, then checks the references for the top-ranking people. Once they have made their decision, they contact the successful applicant, as well as everyone who was interviewed