Nokia Senior Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Saw job on linkedin and applied thru company site. They emailed in a few days saying the talent acquisition & hiring manager both really liked my cv so they want a phone interview which led to in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my academic research while they were very secretive about the project(s) they wanted to hire me for   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I found the job through my personal/professional network. I discussed with my hiring manager before submitting my resume to HR. HR then scheduled an on-site interview. I started by giving a presentation to the whole group on my background. The interview was most of a day (10-4) and they took me to lunch as a team. I was interviewed by about 6 people, who asked a wide variety of questions. Some basic questions about my technical background and simple coding were asked, but no significant brain teasers. The atmosphere was one of mutual respect. I felt that both parties were feeling out a personality fit as much as for technical competency.

Interview Questions

• The question that threw me off the most was "What do you want to learn in the next X years?" Not something I had thought about. Technical questions were not meant to be challenging, just checking basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with HR after discussing with manager. HR was more firm on salary than manager.