Nokia Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nokia

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call 2 weeks after sending my resume over at jobstreet. I was told that the exam was for 2 hours starting at 9. Smart casual attire was acceptable. I got there at 8:45 and other applicants started pouring in. We didn't start until 9:45 because the exam proctor was late.

The exam had 6 items to be answered in 3 hours. There were 3 easy coding problems , 2 average, and 1 difficult. We were in a boardroom with laptops. They said we should get an email about the results in around 2 weeks. Only then will we get to be interviewed (technical and then behavioral).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in July 2014.

Interview

Very good and should be good in problem solving and good knowledge in data structures.
    Add on benefit if you know java and C Language.
    you will be having written and 2 technical rounds followed by Hr Round.
    Pay Package is good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Interview

Initially you are invited for an assessment (3 multiple choice tests on programming, networking and unix and a group excercise). If you pass the assessment you are invited for a technical interview and then again, if you are successful you are invited for the last interview which is with HR and a couple of managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Testing manual and mobile testing knowledge, Deep knowledge of GSM and CDMA, Experience in automation testing tools, knowledge of test management tools. like QC,Mzilli,Bugzilla, Good knowledge about latest mobile(android, windows).Bug life cycle,

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

first round written test
    second round tech interview
    third round HR interview
    written round had technical questions aptitude and verbal
    In technical interview they were more concentrated on Digital communication and CCN
    they also asked questions from Operating systems and C programming
    from CCN questions like OSI layers, IP protocol
    from digital communication questions like APSK, QPSK etc
    from operating system questions like scheduling methods, segmentation etc
    from C questions about structures etc

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in December 2012.

Interview

It starts with a test. After it there is a oral test with the test of knowledge of languages.
    Final state is the discussion of details of contract and position.

Interview Questions

• Mistakes during oral interview is really critical. You don't have opportunity to chose your position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is improving. It provides safe future.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Chennai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

frist round written second - gd and then technical round after that personal interview

Interview Questions

• how can you find a defective ball box from the ten ball box when you have electronic weighting mechine   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nokia in July 2009.

Interview

I got a contact of nokia HR from one of my friends i nokia india. I set my resume to the HR & was selected for phone interview. The interview lasted for 30 mins where they asked about my previous exp & comceptual tech questions on c++, OO etc. I didnt do well & did not hear from them

Interview Questions

• What is void pointer   1 Answer
    • If were to write a function to tell if the number is odd or even, how would u code it   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in November 2009.

Interview

I sent my resume directly to someone I knew at Nokia. She forwarded it to the hiring manager or somehow got it in the system. It took about two weeks to hear anything. Eventually an HR person emailed me to arrange a phone screen. A couple of days later, I had a short phone screen with the hiring manager. He provided me an overview of what they were looking for - which was somewhat different from the job description I saw on the site. A few days later I was contacted by HR to schedule an in-person interview. That would be about another week or so later. I met with four people for 30 minutes each. Before the interview I had to provide information about my background on HireRight.com. Nokia must use them for their background data collection.

The interviewers were all team members and would be my peers in the position. They all gave me an opportunity to learn about the team and the position. They asked a lot of questions, but didn't really get too technical on me. It seemed like they were making sure I was a cultural fit before a technical fit. Everything stayed on schedule.

They told me to expect to hear back from them within a couple of weeks. After about a week I found out that they were going to pass on me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

First of all there was Tech telephonic interview; Next day they 1:1 interview was scheduled, same day itself Group of 2 guys interviewed. Have to explain what i have done in my previous company every Tech Aspects.