Nokia Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nokia

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in April 2008.

Interview

Several engineers asked technical questions

Interview Questions

• how to initialize a reference member   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in February 2008.

Interview

half an hour or telephonic discussion. 1 and half hour F2F discussion.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in January 2008.

Interview

Basically it's technical skill based. You need to be familiar with embedded systems and C/C++ programmings. They asked questions on wide range, but not very deep.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a big company. So the package is very good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

not too tough, just the basics of oops, os and any of ur resp branch rel sub u choose.

Interview Questions

• explain the qualities i posses with an example to demonstrate it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

after clearing the aptitude test, my technical interview round went on for around an hour,
    the HR asked me programs on c, java etc.
    also there were some basic questions.
    the HR round was fun and very easy, i was asked about my interests, strengths etc.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2009.

Interview

One of technical interview , one manager round and an HR. Technical interview started with basics of OOPs and progressed to design, code review and other technical skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Most of the people get recruited through Staffing Agencies. Major criteria for any opening would be telecom knowledge.
    But 80% of the profiles comes based on technology and with little telecom domain knowledge
    Interviewers will try to evaluate the candidates profile and whether they had hands-on experience or not. Few logical queries will be asked based on their experience.

Confidence on the module will be counted. Interpersonal skills will be evaluated. Big plus will be given for the people who seems to be a team-player with real professional attitude.

Interview Questions

• How will you communicate with one who has lot of attitude problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer depends on the urgency of the position. But mostly NSN will not recruit in hurry, instead it will hire the sub-contracters to get the urgent jobs done.

Internal policies draws a range for the each experience levels, well Manager can change the ranges.

If one recruited in higher range of salary, the hikes will be less. If one recruited with lower range salary hikes will be moderate to high depending on the performance.

Try to negotiate, but keep in mind that @ NSN work - personal life balance is good compared to any other company. Keep in mind that NSN pay is not the best in industry but would be better than many.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

This interview happened in college. We had a written test, followed by a technical interview where in they asked me basics of most of the computer science subjects.
    The last round was HR interview where in I was asked general knowledge questions and other questions about the job and outlook towards life.

Interview Questions

• I was asked common logical questions and other computer science concept.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

For freshers lots of basic questions on java,c,c++ are asked.
    lots of Questions on Projects done in engineering are asked

Interview Questions

• Why no reverse method in string?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very good.Can accept the offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2009.

Interview

went well...asked basic questions on programming