Nokia Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Software Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for automation test engineer role in Nokia. The interview took 1 day. First round was written test - consists of 2 papers one related to java was very tough and other related to automation testing. I cleared the first round and next was face to face technical round it was ok not many tough questions all questions were related to selenium and writing Java programs and I answered almost all questions. And the interviewer was not a manager I found he is having only a couple of years of experience. I am very confident that I have answered almost all questions but finally, they said I have not cleared f2f round and they have not told the reason also. At least they would have told my area of drawbacks so that I can improve.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2014.

Interview

Send your CV. Discuss the time of your first meeting. Write test in different skillset (Linux, Mobil Networks, Networking, Programming, etc.. in connection with the job you applied for) to make your technical profile about your technical skills. If your results are good then in a few days discuss a new f2f meeting.

Interview Questions

• If you meet with a mummy how can you teach him to brush his teeth?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Kraków (Poland)) in March 2014.

Interview

1) phone conversation with engineer basic question cellular systems(40min)
    2) 1h with manager + 1,5h technical panel
    Nokia engineers has wide knowledge about cellular systems and they ask everything in detail. I was first interview in my life but I think that my knowledge is sufficient for that position.
    Manager during that 1h ask me about my previous project and how I remove obstacles in project. I think he focus on my team work skills.

Interview Questions

• LTE architecture, QAM 16 vs QAM 64, QPSK, testing, Linux(sed, grep, awk,iperf etc) IPv4 vs IPv6 , IPv4 addressing, TCP vs UDP, OSI/ISO ,basic programming (OOP)   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted 2 days after I sent my resume for the on-site interview. The interview last 1 hour with some background questions and a pop quiz regarding c++/Java coding & composing test plans.

Interview Questions

• convert the Arabic numerals from user input to Roman numerals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

3 round interview process:
    - personal interview including technical questions
    - AC test including IQ, technical and psychological tests, teamwork excercise
    - job offer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

It was through the campus Recruitment.
    Written test was up to the standard. There was detailed USE CASE that had to be explained in writing test.

The interview was good. Questions were related to C++ , UNIX

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

First interview, no hard questions. Second part was a psychological test which included interview with the psychologist and then some suitability test. Language skills were also tested.

Negotiation

I managed to negotiate a full paid summer vacation

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in August 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews held in the Budapest office. The hiring process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• I was given about 25 pages of documentation of an xml-based storage system. After I read it through I was given question about how to handle the xml files. No brain teasers, only a couple more technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2011.

Interview

A phone interview was carried out by the head of department as well as a line manager. It was only about introduction of myself as well as some basic presentation of my job experience.
    After 2 days, I received an email from the secretary of the department to arrange for an interview.
    The face to face interview was with the head of the department and 2 line managers.
    First I have to introduce myself and some detail were asked about my working experience. Next, 2 technical questions were given.
    First is to write out a software using whatever programming language that I know.
    Second, I was given a scenario and I have to present to everyone how I am going to test it.

I was offered a job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I get more than what I ask for the salary section.