Nokia Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Technical Writer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

First you need to pass a written test , followed by a technical interview with the hiring manager. They are organized. The application process took two weeks overall and I am happy to be hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampere (Finland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Tampere (Finland)).

Interview

I first worked as a subcontractor. Then applied for the job internally, was interviewed by my then current and future boss and went through a psychological test. The test was typical asking the same questions many times using different words. I got the result 'possible'.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. But the salary was better than before

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

The process begins by submitting a writing sample. Once this is accepted, the applicant is given a more difficult test to assess needed competencies. Upon passed the second test an interview is scheduled. This interview can be one to one with the hiring manager or conducted with the hiring manager and multiple applicants.

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect it to take to fully learn your job?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

At least 3 rounds, some internal writers will do the interview in first and/or second round with managers to test your skill set. You have finish a paper test within a specific time frame. And then wait for the call of next round. If you pass the final stage with managers, then HR will contact you for some details about salary, benefit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was the touch situation when you dealt with R&D   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in August 2014.

Interview

Firstly, I had to send my CV and an essay in English (they said it could be as long as i wanted it to be). The topic of the essay: Importance of knowledge gained from books vs experience gained while working. After that I was called in for a test (90 min). Test tasks: 1. Write an average manual for a mobile to update the contact list. 2. Rewrite a 2 paragraphs of network architecture manual into a more user freindly form. 3. Reading comprehension task with six questions based on a PDF on network architecture and processes.
    The test was done on an older laptop with a smaller screen and without a mouse, which was a bit surprising and fairly hindering. They said I will be notified in two weeks time or if not I can write them an email.

Interview Questions

• The IT text I had to rewrite was quite "hardcore" compared to the fact that they did not require IT experience.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

The interview process constisted of 2 steps.
    i. 1:1 interview with the Line Manager (~ 30-45 min) and test (~ 1 h). The test was about english language grammar, syntax and understanding and writing a brief manual for an object.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 positive characteristics of yourself and 1 negative   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Athens (Greece)) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process constisted of 2 steps.

ii. 1:1 interview with the Head of the R&D Center.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.