Nokia Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Nov 13, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

received call from recruiter for the interview, initial round will be technical discussion with SME's and next is manager round interview and next onsite domain head round and eventually the HR's interview .

Commercial Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Easy interview, asked general questions like tell us about yourself etc. Interview conducted by manager and HR manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and got the reply in one week

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia in March 2016.

Interview

A reasonably technical telephone interview lasting about 1 hour.(twice as long as planned). Two interviewers, the head of QA and a QA Engineer. Very well structured and relaxed discussion reviewing my skills and with time to ask questions at the end. It became evident that my knowledge in one of the key skill requirements was not up to scratch, but a very fair interview, and I enjoyed the first xperience.

Interview Questions

• In Python programming describe what a list and a dictionary are.
      What is the difference between an inner join and outer join in SQL?
      In networking:-
      What is a gateway?
      Where in a network is the translation from URL to IP address made?   Answer Question

Sales Manager, EEA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fractured and had many (too many) stages. The "hiring manager" was not well enough connected with the "local" HR. That said it was the way the hiring manager spoke about his role and his experience of the company that encouraged me to want to join the same team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the circumstances under which I left one of my previous employers.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

very professional, been asked questions about attitude, and a number of technical questions , one phone interview a technical interview and an HR interview. The process was smooth. I din't negotiate as the offer was good. The interviewer were very professional, described the company very well, and asked mainly about telecom knowledge

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

- After applying, got an application form to fill about my university courses. Then was invited to a full assessment day.
    - Assessment day included briefing by HR and hiring manager (one hour), technical interview (one hour), HR interview (half hour) and a group exercise (one hour)
    - Tech interview had a set of questions on paper about smith chart, gain stages, multi strip lines and layout. Also, was asked about CV and background.
    - Given an offer after a week

Interview Questions

• Standard questions really. Nothing to catch you off-guard   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as offer was what I had asked for.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three interview rounds, one a phone interview was used to access technical competence, the interviewer and I logged into a shared online editor, and the interviewer asked me to write code (in my preferred language) to perform simple tasks such as opening and reading in a file, reversing an array etc. The second and third round interviews were face to face, round two with a line manager and team lead, round three with a senior manager and a technical lead. Both consisted of technical questions, questions about my CV and past roles.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were overly difficult or designed to catch you out. The impression I got was they were looking for someone technically competent, interested in what they did and willing to learn.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview, competency based interview, met with Director informal chat about role and my aspirations. Then formal presentation and group panel interview. The group interview drilled down into sales methodologies and deal flow experience and exposure to mobile operators.

Interview Questions

• The final phase was tough, needed to prepare intensively on subject matter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no movement

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

4 hour interview:
    1 Hour with team leader/direct manager
    1 hour coding test
    1 hour with HR Representative and Line Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Harsh, I talked up the salary they offered, but not to the level that would have been truly competitive (Other benefits made it more competitive)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in February 2013.

Interview

Single stage interview with technical manager, no HR interview required. Symbian development and integration role, 3 month contract, became 3 year contract once completed. Interview was technically quite tough, involved manager and engineer posing tech questions.